INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New KStars/Ekos Module: Analyze

• Thank you received: 120

@fenriques I think that would be fine. Might simplify things a lot for you, but it would tie your software really closely with Ekos, meaning anyone who uses other tools wouldn't be able to use it. But since I only use Ekos for imaging at the moment, it wouldn't affect me.
3 years 6 months ago #59080

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 19
Regarding the Z-filter comment, a core member from PHD2 told me that Z-filter used an offset. See the discussion here .
3 years 6 months ago #59083

• Thank you received: 23
@fenriques, It seems does not install under RaspbianOS (buster)
3 years 6 months ago #59084

• Thank you received: 53
OK. I'm the author of the Z-filter module. As Andy said it is normal for an offset to occur and it is not a problem for imaging BUT it does not inherently USE an offset. In addition to the situation I mentioned earlier, an offset can also occur with a drift arising from a large PA error where the Z-filter correction offsets the drift but does not return the star to the lock position
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Ken Self.
3 years 6 months ago #59094

• Thank you received: 226
This looks fantastic. It seems to include some features I've posted for on the Wish List. Great work. Thank you.
Question: The RGB color coding is quite clear. But what about narrowband and calibration frames? I'm thinking you went with something along these lines?
Ha: Dark Red
S: Yellow
O: Cyan
Luminance: White
Dark Frame: Black
Bias Frame: 50% Grey
Flat Frame: 25% Grey
Other: Magenta
3 years 6 months ago #59100

• Thank you received: 0
Wow, fantastic!
3 years 6 months ago #59106

• Thank you received: 19
@kengs

I had a sense there was some authority behind response to my original post ... :-)

Not directly related to topic, but are there any other conditions that would cause an offset other than PA? PHD2 reports my PA between 0.5 arcmin to 3.2 arcmin, so I'm not sure that's the issue. So, some other force must be in play. I'm guessing its either balance or cabling. I'm wondering if is possible to get a hint from looking at the corrections.

jmh
3 years 6 months ago #59107

• Thank you received: 139
I would like to see temperature, barometric pressure, dew point, and possibly any other weather data (SQM comes to mind), plotted on the graph to to see how that that has an effect on SNR and HFR throughout the night.This would help people understand when to focus, if they're not doing it a appropriate times, or enough, or maybe too much. Right now, I refocus at every filter change, but maybe I should be doing it at every degree drop in temp, or every several degrees drop. Who knows, but this addition would be great in understanding what's happening.
3 years 6 months ago #59109

• Thank you received: 559
Ferrante: wasn't aware of Astrodom, looks very cool. Take a look at the .analyze files and in particular the method processInputLIne()
invent.kde.org/education/kstars/-/blob/m...yze/analyze.cpp#L621
Note that I'm monitoring real-time processes, so some signals come in in awkward ways.

Let me know if there are other things you'd like to see in the file, or perhaps something like a header line that might make things more future proof.
Right now, the file has no header lines, but there's no good reason for that omission. I guess it does have a version header
#KStars version 3.5.0. Analyze log version 1.0.

It is very early in the evolution of Analyze, it's possible that I'll change the file format...though I have no such current plans.
Of course it would also make a lot of sense to make sure people can real old logs...
Still thinking this through.

BTW, I'd love to include more capture-related analysis (like you get from PixInsight files). Right now the only signal computed
is the HFR. I was waiting on @Rlancaste's StellarSolver software release, which was planned for KStars v3.5.0, as it was a
rework of the whole SEP/Sextractor framework for KStars. Not sure of his schedule, though.

Hy
3 years 6 months ago #59111

• Thank you received: 139

If you included the solver, I suppose it would be possible to see how much drift is happening between frames, or after guide star loss? Are these results realtime?
3 years 6 months ago #59115

@Lead_weight: Andrew, yes, agreed. I was planning on adding some plate-solver-related info someday/somehow after stellarsolver's release.
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Hy Murveit.
3 years 6 months ago #59116

@lhoujin et al:

Below is a table of the colors in use when the capture or focus timeline is "striped". ( see here for the code ):

If you have no filter or the filter name is not recognized, there is no stripe.
The filter names correspond to what's filled in for the Indi filter wheel settings.

My apologies, I just 'hacked in' a US-English-centric version of filter names. Happy to internationalize it.

This is a great place to contribute. Please send me more filter synonyms and/or missing filters with synonyms & suggested colors!

I'm using Qt colors, which are defined here
but I could use RGB values as well].
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Hy Murveit.
3 years 6 months ago #59117
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.926 seconds