INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

The Focusing Procedure in Ekos: Frequencies and conditions

• Thank you received: 1
Hi guys!
Once I've understood the kind of electronic focuser I should mount to my Celestron C8 (I ordered a Pegasus Astro focuser with a stepper motor), I would like to better understand how this device will work with Ekos.

In particular, I would like to understand if there is the possibility to focus during a sequence at certain changes of the external temperature (via the provided external temperature probe), or if the focusing procedure (without probe) is automatically performed during the sequence at each shot.
In addition, is there the possibility to focus at the end of each process performed with a certain filter?

Substantially, I would like to understand how can I set the focusing frequency or conditions in Ekos.

Are there some references online? I tried to look for these info, but without success...
Regards,

Frank
3 years 6 months ago #59246

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 20
Hi Frank, there are basically three options:
1) Automatic focusing if HFR is lower that some user defined value
2) Automatic focusing if delta T (temperature) is bigger that user defined value
3) Automatic focusing after some user defined time value
All of these settings can be found in CCD module of Ekos, see subtab Limit Settings in left-down corner of attached picture:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Franck
3 years 6 months ago #59250

• Thank you received: 1
Thank you for your answer, hades!!
It sounds veery good! :D
In the Kstars manual I also noticed that in the filter icon on the top of the capture module there is also the possibility to check the filters for which I want to refocus every time.
It's great!!
Thank you again!
3 years 6 months ago #59281

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds