INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re:Re:Re:EKOS crashes RPI4 (Ekos Debugger logs available)

• Thank you received: 117
ok, we're getting to a different topic from the crash, but here's a tip about PHD2. Assuming your PHD2 profile is setup correctly, then start the PHD2 app but DON'T connect. Just bring up PHD2 on the desktop. Then, assuming your Ekos profile is correct for PHD2, go into the guide tab and push the connect button. That should connect Ekos to PHD2, and PHD2 to the mount and camera. Sometimes the state machine between the two (Ekos & PHD2) can get confused. If this happens, just disconnect from the Ekos side, and reconnect again via the guide tab connect button. Once you are connected, it should stay connected. IMO, you probably should get into the habit of disconnecting and reconnecting from the Ekos guide tab (not the PHD2 side) if you don't already. I've seen it work fine connecting from PHD2 to Ekos, but I experience more problems with interface states when done that way.
3 years 6 months ago #59761

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I tried to reproduce the crash using different method but I failed to. Please open a ticket at StellarMate support so we can follow up with this.
3 years 6 months ago #59762

• Thank you received: 15
Hello,

In another thread, using WIFI 2.4G and USB 3.0 produces unstable USB3 performance. Change your wireless to 5G and retest your configuration. Any hardware driver that is unstable will crash any application using it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Euripides
3 years 6 months ago #59797

• Thank you received: 41
Good to know that!

I do believe that something is going on with USB3 ports. Yesterday everything was running ok, again until 60-70 subs and then suddenly I wasn't able to connect to the system (wifi wrong pass etc.). As soon as I pulled out the camera from the USB3 port, the system worked again correctly.
Surely I have to take a closer look to locate the issue. It may be power related (stated earlier above). I'm gonna try with a power source (no power banks) and powered USB Hub and I'll report back.
3 years 6 months ago #59799

• Thank you received: 117
The OP started this chase with a memory crash. If you now think this is a USB3 issue, please see this post on RF interference (2.4Ghz wireless only):
www.indilib.org/forum/general/6576-pi4-u...erference.html#59667

The stated symptoms don't matchup very well, but there could be multiple issues in play.
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Doug S.
3 years 6 months ago #59800

• Thank you received: 15
Hello,

When I first rolled over from my RPI3B+ to an RPI4B, I was eggar to use the two new USB3 ports with my two USB3 hubs. Well, my GPS wouldn’t work. My QHYCCD and ZWO cameras disappeared. I thought I had installed AstroBerry 2.0.3 wrong.

I went back to USB2 and everything came back. Then I read the RF interference posts. I am waiting for a clear night to test moving to 5G.

After the last update and the PI account hack, I lost access to the WIFI of AstroBerry. So, now I bring a wireless router to connect to AstroBerry.
3 years 6 months ago #59814

• Thank you received: 41
So just an update , last night I run my sessions with direct power source and a powered usb hub and I had no crash.

FYI even when triggering PHD2 through Ekos to start guiding, I have the same message (lost camera connection) but guiding is working ok.

Probably the whole issue was from start power related, so maybe I can call it “solved” ( even if I do not know which exact part was the issue :-) ) If I have more infos I’ll update the thread for the records.

Thanks guys!
3 years 6 months ago #59843

Time to create page: 0.422 seconds