INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Mount aborted. Please restart the process and reduce the speed.

• Thank you received: 155
Totally frustrating night tonight. I finally got my new CEM120 mount up and running, and all seemed great at first.
It slews to any target with ease. I used the solver to find multiple targets and it always moved the mount perfectly to line them up.

But then I tried the polar alignment function. As soon as it moved the mount, it gave this error:
"Mount aborted. Please restart the process and reduce the speed."

I went through every speed down to 8X - which took way too long (I grabbed a cup of coffee while waiting).
Obviously 8x slew is NOT too fast. Something is wrong.

I attached the log - which unfortunately is long because the dome was synced and constantly updating.
The error begins here:

[2020-10-10T21:31:25.613 MDT DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - ISD:Telescope: Aborted.
[2020-10-10T21:31:25.614 MDT INFO ][ org.kde.kstars.ekos.align] - "Mount aborted. Please restart the process and reduce the speed."
[2020-10-10T21:31:25.640 MDT INFO ][ org.kde.kstars.ekos.align] - Stopping Polar Alignment Assistant process...
[2020-10-10T21:31:25.641 MDT DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - ISD:Telescope: Aborted.

Why does INDI think my mount is slewing too fast?

I have attached the log file if anyone can suggest a fix.

File Attachment:

File Name: log_21-27-32.txt
File Size:1,029 KB
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Peter Kennett.
3 years 5 months ago #61398
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anyone have any suggestions?
3 years 5 months ago #61423

I gave up tonight after it continued to fail, saying that I need to reduce the speed.
I used the manual slew option, and was able to get polar aligned. I suspect the CEM V3 (CEM120) driver has the bug, since no one else has this issue.
3 years 5 months ago #61448

• Thank you received: 182
I also see that occasionally with my CEM25P. Normally it slews fine at 9x speed, but I am now doing this usually at 8x, which is still plenty fast. Definitely faster than I can gulp down a cup of coffee.
3 years 5 months ago #61466

Thanks for the logs. They show what the issue is. So it wants to rotate to:
"Please wait until mount completes rotating to RA (01h 47m 01s) DE ( 90° 00' 00\")"

And last reported position is:
Solution coordinates: RA (18h 38m 16s) DEC ( 89° 19' 20\") Telescope Coordinates: RA (03h 47m 12s) DEC ( 90° 00' 00\")"

So it commands the move to go West because that would decrease the RA value. But the RA is increasing instead, which led it to abort. So check with your mount, and go to Motion Control --> West... does that cause RA to increase or decrease??
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Kennett
3 years 5 months ago #61469

Thanks Jasem, I will check. However, it tracks very well so I'm not sure why it would be going backwards.
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Peter Kennett.
3 years 5 months ago #61471

Jasem, when I use the INDI Motion Control to move the mount WEST, the RA INCREASES.
But when I use KStars to slew to a target it works fine, as well as tracking and guiding.
???
3 years 5 months ago #61476

From your vantage point behind the mount with the mount looking toward north, when you press WEST, does it rotate CCW or CW?
3 years 5 months ago #61482

When I am standing behind the mount, facing north, the mount rotates CLOCKWISE when I press WEST in INDI's Mount Control screen.
Also, when I press the LEFT button on the hand controller, it rotates clockwise.

Is that normal?

Because EKOS and the hand controller have no trouble locating objects in the sky and tracking them.
3 years 5 months ago #61485

So no that's not what I would expect from the mount... let me talk to iOptron. I can change the behavior in the driver to reflect expected behavior.
3 years 5 months ago #61489

can you check if there is a button to swap left/right in the handset? maybe that's it.
3 years 5 months ago #61490

3 years 5 months ago #61491

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds