INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos focus module does not provide "v-curve"

• Thank you received: 1
Hi,

I am new to Astroberry and trying to get some initial experience. Currently, I am stuck with the focus module to get an optimal focus point of my camera. Regardless of the various settings (initial steps etc.), once a star is selected and the framing process is started and the star is shown in a subframe, the HFR value does oscillate around the initial HFR value rather than decrease and show the v-curve.

Does anybody made such experience or can explain what I am doing wrong? Any hint is welcome.

I see Astroberry a very powerful tool and would love to use it in the future.

Thanks,
Kurt

Astroberry 2.0.3 on Raspi 4B, Canon DSLR EOS 550Da, Tamron 70-200 telephoto lens, Skywatcher EQ3 Syncan Goto
3 years 5 months ago #62221

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 226
Are you attempting to auto focus drive a camera lense on the camera body?
3 years 5 months ago #62230

Yes. I attempting to auto focus the Tamron lens mounted on my Canon EOS 550 Da. At day light I tried to move the focus point using the focus-in and focus-out buttons and this did work, I saw the focus point moving. When I did the same at night I did not see any effect. Very strange.
3 years 5 months ago #62248

• Thank you received: 226
You will need to begin close to focus with enough exposure to pickup stars to focus on. What did the focus frame show?
3 years 5 months ago #62255

Well, I was able to select a star in the full frame and start the framing. The selected star was shown in the subframe along with its HFR value. I tried with various initial HFR values. Regardless if HFR initially was at 1.5, or 3.5 or 7.5, the subsequent HFRs did oscillate around the initial value.
OK, I will try again at next opportunity (eventually in the course of next week) and will report.

Thanks,
Kurt
3 years 5 months ago #62256

Time to create page: 0.521 seconds