INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How to set custom options for indiserver when using WebManager?

• Thank you received: 18
When starting indiserver, you can set custom options. One of those is critical for me now, as my new camera (ASI6200) needs a bigger RAM allocation than default settings. When starting indiserver from the command line, this can be easily done, by adding '-m 160' to the syntax. This works well. But how can I set such custom options when using the INDI WebManager? There it seems you can only just turn on and off individual drivers? Am I overlooking something here? Any help much appreciated, thanks.
3 years 4 months ago #62504

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 370
As far as I know there is no direct way to set this option. I‘m afraid you need to dig into the code and add this feature or set it hard wired there.
3 years 4 months ago #62508

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately I am not a coder, so that option would be outside my realm. Adding such an option would then be on my wishlist for feature-requests. Or, with cameras getting bigger sensors, perhaps it would be an idea to increase the default RAM allocation anyway, or would that cause other issues?
3 years 4 months ago #62511

It should not be so difficult. You need to edit Indi_server.py and change the function definition of __run(self, port). Replace the line
cmd = 'indiserver -p %d -m 100 -v -f %s > /tmp/indiserver.log 2>&1 &' % \
by
cmd = 'indiserver -p %d -m 160 -v -f %s > /tmp/indiserver.log 2>&1 &' % \

HTH
Wolfgang
3 years 4 months ago #62810

Thank you for your help, Wolfgang. I found the file and was able to change according to your recommendation, and now it's working. Problem solved. Thanks again!
Willem Jan.
3 years 4 months ago #62821

3 years 4 months ago #62827

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds