INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

10Micron MGPBox?

• Thank you received: 57
Still learning to use my new 10Micron mount with INDI. I have the MGPBox (meteorology, GPS, and power).

This is useful for refraction parameters during modeling & tracking, critical for precise time sync, and the only way to remotely power up the mount (switched outlets don't help).

Unfortunately the software 10Micron provides only runs on Windows. There is a provision to plug it directly into the mount computer.

Does anybody have any experience with how to use the MGPBox in INDI and Ekos on ubuntu (R Pi 4)?
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Scott Denning.
3 years 3 months ago #63537

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 62

Replied by Ferrante Enriques on topic 10Micron MGPBox?

Don't own a MGPbox but a very useful way to power on the mount from remote is using wake on lan.
If you have MW4 installed it provides, beside its many other features, a front end for wake on lan.

About windows I had a similar issue: 10micron releases its clock sync utility on windows only, so I have a win10 VM on my intel nuc pc and use that utility running this VM. But virtualbox only runs on x64 and not arm architectures, but you can have another emulator (qemu?) on the rpi4.

Ferrante
3 years 3 months ago #63557

• Thank you received: 28

Replied by Michael on topic 10Micron MGPBox?

Hi Scott,

we could share the experience with the equipment as I own a gm1000 MGPBox and running my setup with Indi (you also might use a INDIGO server) on a small computer on the rig. I used RPi3 and a finless mini PC.
The MGPBox should be attached directly to the mount and the mount reads the data directly. You only have to setup the mount to use it (Handbox or MW4 for doing that). You need in case of a firmware update a windows PC and connect MGPBox via USB (bis this so far was not needed). Please remind that only on source of refraction data should be used at the same time. So if you have MGPBox attache and enabled, please do not use any other software to update refraction data to the mount computer (MW4 does only allow one source and recognizes if a MGPBox is connected directly).

Michel
3 years 3 months ago #63558

• Thank you received: 57

Replied by Scott Denning on topic 10Micron MGPBox?

Hi Michel,

I just received a complete set of 3D printed parts for cable management based on your STL files on GitHub. Thank you!

Scott
3 years 3 months ago #64259

• Thank you received: 139

Replied by Andrew Burwell on topic 10Micron MGPBox?

I only have the MBox, because I got my mount with the GPS unit. I have the GPS unit attached to the Mount directly, and the Mbox feeds weather data to Michel's MountWizard through the Raspberry Pi running INDI Server or KStars.
3 years 3 months ago #64262

• Thank you received: 28

Replied by Michael on topic 10Micron MGPBox?

Hi Scott,
hope this make life easier. If there are some hints I need to put on the documentation, please let me know.
Michel
3 years 3 months ago #64400

Time to create page: 0.273 seconds