INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Installing additional Drivers - ardust4_goto

• Thank you received: 0
Hi all,

I'm at a loss as to how to install additional indi drivers. I have downloaded and complied the driver on github, however I cannot find a .xml file relating to the driver.

Can someone please give me a blow by blow procedure as to how I can go about installing this driver?

I am using a RPi 3a running Astroberry.

Thanks in advance.
3 years 4 months ago #64480

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 16
If you did a proper compile from github, the bin files were installed in /usr/bin and the .xml files were installed in /usr/share/indi by the "sudo make install" command.

There really isn't much to do after that. If it is a non-standard driver and you are using Ekos, you will need to create a Custom Driver prior to adding it to your profile. The Custom Driver button is just right of the minus ("-") button on the Ekos menu. You will need to restar KStars for a new Custom Driver to appear. Once you connect to the configured indi platform, go to the Options tab in the Indi Control Panel and press SAVE. This will put a copy of the .xml in your ~/.indi directory.

Alternatively, or if you are not using KStars, start the indiserver with your driver, (indiserver -vv indi_some_driver) then use whatever program you have to connect to the indiserver (eg: PHD2), go to the Indi Control Panel within that application, Options, and SAVE. Same result.

So, there is really no install past a successful compile after the "sudo make install."
3 years 4 months ago #64640

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks for that Jon. I'm planning on a reinstall on a shiny new Pi4 so will try again once things are up and running.
3 years 4 months ago #64643

• Thank you received: 16
I run 2 pi4's on my setup. Biggest problem I have is USB power. Make sure to add a powered USB hub to the mix for any cameras or devices that draw any power at all.

I am running the new 64bit raspberry OS (Debian 10) on one Pi4/4G and Ubuntu 20.04 Server with an Xfce4 desktop on the other Pi4/8G. I run Kstars on the Ubuntu server and indiserver with devices connected on the other. They are both connected with a small router for wired connection between each other a WiFi to the mount. The router is on the mount, so there is no WiFi signal issue. If I can help with any other issues, let me know.
3 years 4 months ago #64658

Time to create page: 0.511 seconds