INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

stellarsolver and backing out to previous version of Kstars/Ekos

• Thank you received: 0
Greetings,
I had almost a month of clouded in sky's in December so I didn't get the opportunity to run my telescope. When I did last night I discovered that the alignment sofware has changed and now instead of the Astrometry option I have the wonderful stellarsolver instead. This keeps locking up and refusing to solve.

Is there a way I can install the version of Kstars/Ekos that used the previous version alignment? Preferably the version just before you released stellarsolver.

I had my Astrometry settings to where I could plate solve in less then 15 seconds most time.

I can install the stock Ubuntu Kstars but its way older and the interface is more difficult to use.

Thank you,
Wayne Hilliard
3 years 2 months ago #65591

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 26
Have you set the Field Of View correctly, or close to that?

I haven't even had the chance to test it on the stars yet. Maybe tonight for a few hours.
3 years 2 months ago #65596

• Thank you received: 0
Yes I have not sure what the problem is. Could be resource based maybe not enough memory. I'll keep experimenting.
Wayne Hilliard
3 years 2 months ago #65634

• Thank you received: 420
Can you be more specific about the error you get? Please enable debug logging and post the logs here so we can help you solve your issue.
3 years 2 months ago #65637

• Thank you received: 53
You may need to tell it where to find the index files - it ues the same ones as astrometry.net
3 years 2 months ago #65638

Time to create page: 0.401 seconds