INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY issues

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Simon on topic QHY issues

I downloaded the fx3load package, however I was not able to build it due to my limited linux knowledge. So I decided to just download the SDK library directly from qhy and follow their instructions: www.qhyccd.com/html/prepub/log_en.html#!log_en.md . I ran the "sudo bash distclean.sh" to get rid of the old one and then installed the new one with "sudo bash install.sh".
Now when running "lsusb" the camera was detected correctly: Bus 006 Device 002: ID 1618:0463 QHYCCD QHY5III462-211011.
However when running the test script "/usr/bin/qhy_ccd_test" I got the error: "libqhyccd.so.22: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory".
So I just copied the missing file from the one which I still had from the build directory: "sudo cp ~/Projects/build/indi-3rdparty-libs/libqhy/libqhyccd.so.22 /lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/"
Now the camera works perfectly in kstars.

Thank you guys for helping me out here.
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Simon. Reason: Grammar
1 year 6 months ago #86197

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 31

Replied by Ron DeBry on topic QHY issues

This issue has appeared again. After a recent update my QHY5iii462C shows up as 'Cypress Westbridge', suggesting that the firmware is not loading.

Did the newest version of INDI 3rdparty lose the correct FXLOAD recently?
1 year 1 month ago #90297

• Thank you received: 38

Replied by Sonny Cavazos on topic QHY issues

Might be, I had the same issue and had to re-compile FX3LOAD for my platform X64 on Ubuntu.
1 year 1 month ago #90298

• Thank you received: 19

Replied by MORELLI on topic QHY issues

How to compile fxload please ?
No issue with V3.6.2 beta.
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by MORELLI.
1 year 1 month ago #90319

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic QHY issues

It's already included with StellarMate. no need to compile there.
1 year 1 month ago #90325

I was hoping it would be as easy as following Kevin Ross' lead and replacing fxload in /sbin I can now see the QHY5iii462C in lsusb and it is successful with QHY's LiveFrameMode test program, but in KStars the QHY driver crashes immediately.

Running $indiserver indi_qhy_ccd fails due to missing libqhyccd.so.22 (as per Simon's post above)

Can I get libqhyccd.so.22 somewhere without building INDI-3rdParty from source?

[edit]: Going backwards. I installed nightly and rebooted - and now I'm back to "Cypress WestBridge" in lsusb. Copied the fxload from fx3load over to /sbin again but still not seeing the camera, jusy Cypress WestBridge
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Ron DeBry.
1 year 1 month ago #90333

The issue doesn't exist with V3.6.2 beta, only with V3.6.3. One tells me to install libusb-dev and compile fxload. Wih no success. I am unable to connect my QHY camera, 294C and 224C. So I can't image the comet ZTF !
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by MORELLI.
1 year 1 month ago #90338

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic QHY issues

This is in StellarMate? If yes, then it already comes with latest fxload and it doesn't need to be compiled.
1 year 1 month ago #90339

I install from ppa on a mini-pc with ubuntu 22.04. That used to also have the correct fxload, but it got lost in some update between early January and now.
1 year 1 month ago #90353

• Thank you received: 38

Replied by Sonny Cavazos on topic QHY issues

Likely it was the update to 22.04, that's how my fxload got replaced with the incorrect version. It's Ubuntu has the outdated fxload in the OS. Reinstall the PPA and it should put in the correct fxload.
1 year 1 month ago #90359

Thank you for the suggestions, Sonny. I never did figure out how to completely reload the distribution from the ppa, though I did manage to reinstall libqhy (but doing so did not place a new fxload in /sbin).
Instead, I finally realized that the executable that came in the fx3load package is built for the wrong architecture. Once I recompiled it and placed the new fxload in /sbin the camera works correctly again in Ekos.
1 year 1 month ago #90378

Hello,
I have a QHY294C and QHY224C. With the V3.6.3 and Ubuntu 22.4 OS, there is no connection. The cameras are in the list of lsusb. I reinstall Kstars and indi-full, with no success. On my laptop I have V3.6.2 beta and no issue.
With Stellarmate V1.7.5, until I do an Ekos Debug, the cameras were not connected. Now they connect !
I have also my RPI4 with an Ubuntu 22.04 ARM64 and Kstars, with the same issue with QHY.
No issue with ASi or Player One.
1 year 1 month ago #90386

Time to create page: 1.133 seconds