INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY issues

• Thank you received: 31

Replied by Ron DeBry on topic QHY issues

I install from ppa on a mini-pc with ubuntu 22.04. That used to also have the correct fxload, but it got lost in some update between early January and now.
1 year 2 months ago #90353

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 38

Replied by Sonny Cavazos on topic QHY issues

Likely it was the update to 22.04, that's how my fxload got replaced with the incorrect version. It's Ubuntu has the outdated fxload in the OS. Reinstall the PPA and it should put in the correct fxload.
1 year 2 months ago #90359

Thank you for the suggestions, Sonny. I never did figure out how to completely reload the distribution from the ppa, though I did manage to reinstall libqhy (but doing so did not place a new fxload in /sbin).
Instead, I finally realized that the executable that came in the fx3load package is built for the wrong architecture. Once I recompiled it and placed the new fxload in /sbin the camera works correctly again in Ekos.
1 year 2 months ago #90378

• Thank you received: 19

Replied by MORELLI on topic QHY issues

Hello,
I have a QHY294C and QHY224C. With the V3.6.3 and Ubuntu 22.4 OS, there is no connection. The cameras are in the list of lsusb. I reinstall Kstars and indi-full, with no success. On my laptop I have V3.6.2 beta and no issue.
With Stellarmate V1.7.5, until I do an Ekos Debug, the cameras were not connected. Now they connect !
I have also my RPI4 with an Ubuntu 22.04 ARM64 and Kstars, with the same issue with QHY.
No issue with ASi or Player One.
1 year 2 months ago #90386

• Thank you received: 20

Replied by JuergenN on topic QHY issues

I'm using Ubuntu 22.04.1 with a Mele 3Q, Kstars / Indi is installed per Jasems ppa. At the moment I stay on 3.6.2, because I'm using QHY cameras, and 3.6.2 is working...
Due to this discussion I searched for fxload/fx3load. I found (with locate) the fxload in /sbin. But there is NO fx3load. Is this correct?
I really hesitate to upgrade to 3.6.3...
1 year 2 months ago #90388

I just reinstall the ppa, next kstars and indi-full. On the RPI4 with Ubuntu 22.04, the cameras connect. On my desktop no way.
1 year 2 months ago #90390

Hi Juergen, fx3load does not come with a ubuntu 22.04 install, you must go get the updated version as described above by Kevin Ross:

If "lsusb" shows "Cypress" and not "QHYCCD" then that probably means the firmware wasn't loaded. Unfortunately, the fxload utility that's packaged is out of date. You must download and build one that supports newer USB3 cameras from

sourceforge.net/projects/fx3load/

After you build it, copy it to /sbin/fxload, and either unplug/replug the camera, or reboot

You end up with a newer version of the file named fxload
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Ron DeBry.
1 year 2 months ago #90396

• Thank you received: 20

Replied by JuergenN on topic QHY issues

Hi Ron,
thank you for clarifiing :-) So the fx3load will "produce" the new fxload... But for the moment I stay with 3.6.2, since we have CS after a very long bad weather period and I dont will risk my sessions ;-)

CS
Juergen
1 year 2 months ago #90397

Replied by Khalid on topic QHY issues

I am having the same issue with a QHY5ii-L Mono, which is a USB 2.0 device.

It was working perfectly with KStars (on a laptop, with Ubuntu 20.04, and everything from Jasem's PPA).

At some point the QHY stopped working. I cannot say when, because it has been over a year since I last setup.

The symptom is that the QHY INDI driver will crash when Ekos is started.

Investigating further, I found that lsusb only shows the major/minor numbers (1618:0920) with no description beside it.

I then created a file in udev/rules.d like so:
ACTION!="add", GOTO="qhy_end"
SUBSYSTEM!="usb", GOTO="qhy_end"

ATTRS{idVendor}=="1618", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0920", RUN+="/usr/sbin/fxload -t fx2 -I /lib/firmware/qhy/QHY5II.HEX -D $env{DEVNAME}"

The is a snippet from the larger file under /lib that contains entries for loading the firmware for all QHY devices.
But there is one significant change. The original had /sbin/fxload, but the utility is in /usr/sbin/fxload, so that is changed accordingly.

Restarted udev, and now the device is identified correctly as follows:
Bus 002 Device 027: ID 1618:0921 QHY-CCD   QHY5-II

So that is an improvement.

But the driver still crashes when INDI starts.

What info can I provide to help resolve this issue?
1 year 2 months ago #90522

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic QHY issues

Please use Ekos Debugger and share the driver crash backtrace.
1 year 2 months ago #90526

Replied by Khalid on topic QHY issues

Installed ekosdebugger, started it in INDI mode with only the QHY and a mount simulator.

It aborted when it could not find the qhyccd.ini file. I downloaded the default file from QHY's web site.

It went a bit further, but still didn't work.

The log from ekosdebugger is attached.
1 year 2 months ago #90541
Attachments:

Hello,
I put my setup outside this night.
I used Stellarmate 1.7.5, QHY294C, QHY224C, with a Mak180.
lsusb list the two cameras as QHYCCD294C-V220905 and QHYCCD Titan224U.

Connections with Ekos OK. But after a numbers of capture, the QHY294C driver crashed and by the way, the system also.
I replace the 294C, by an ASI183MM, with no issues at all. No issue with the 224C as a guide.
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by MORELLI.
1 year 2 months ago #90544

Time to create page: 0.864 seconds