INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New firmware update for Nexdome rotator and shutter. Now at version 4.0

• Thank you received: 155
Is there anyone who can update the INDI driver to use the new 4.0 Nexdome firmware that mis now available on GitHub?
3 years 3 months ago #65935

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 23
just reading gate docs now and upgrading to test the firmware - what's broken on teh current driver?
3 years 3 months ago #66152

The new Firmware 4.0 may have a bug, or the INDI driver needs some updates. Something is broke.

I am using KStars 3.5 and Nexdome Firmware 4.0. Here's what problems I have been over the last two days:

- The dome still has a problem when I send my mount to the HOME position (zero az.). As soon as the dome slews to zero, it then waits a few seconds and then goes off and slews to 270. After a few more seconds it goes back to zero and this repeats until I either turn off SLAVING or I move the mount to any other location.
- The shutter keeps crashing after a few minutes of use. I have to cycle the shutter power off and back on, and then use the manual button to close it.
- The Nexdome driver can't seem to hold any settings I type in and even I write them two the EPROM. This includes the rotator acceleration and velocity speeds, and the slave configuration measurements. I fill them in, and choose to save them to EPROM. It appears to work. But then after I log off and back in, the settings are back to zero!

NONE of the above issues happened with the previous version of the Nexdome firmware (3.3). They are all new after upgrading to 4.0
3 years 3 months ago #66155

• Thank you received: 23
I've performed a quick test on TheSkyX and INDI and both do not play nicely with R4.0.0 firmware to the point where I had to revert back. Personally, unless you really need a feature in it, I'd stay away.
3 years 2 months ago #66176

The reason I was hoping to use the new firmware is they solved the issue of the rotator getting out of sync after an hour or so of use. I can confirm that 4.0 did solve that. I had it track for three hours and the dome stayed on target the whole time even through a meridian flip. But the other issues are just too much to contend with now, so yeah I would stick with 3.3.
3 years 2 months ago #66180

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds