INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Pegasus Ultimate Dew heaters

• Thank you received: 20
+1
Led button in indi driver for UPB v2 does not work correctly. And sensor isn't available in ekos (dome icon)

There's already an issue in indlib Git : github.com/indilib/indi/issues/1228

Regards
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by ouioui01.
3 years 2 months ago #66665

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 56
This morning I took a look at the Pegasus Windows app. I noticed a few things.

There was an update for both the app and firmware. I first tested with the old then reran the tests with the new.

The switch LED on/off Functionality:
In the old version of the app and firmware the switch off Led functionality did not work. The same result as from Indi. You send ‘PL:0’ and the response is always ‘PL:1’ and the light did not toggle on the UPB.
In the new version the app says this functionality is no longer supported, so nothing we can’t do except remove the option from the driver.

The Auto Dew heater:
In the old version of the app and firmware you send ‘PD:2’ and the response comes back in 2 separate packets. The first contains ‘PD:’ and the second contains ‘2’

With the new app and firmware you send ‘PD:2’ and the response comes back in a single packet ‘PD:2’ as expected. So I tested this again with Indi. The green indicator does light up but even if I save the settings the next time I start the driver the setting is not persisted.

I will do some more testing to try to get to the bottom of this.
3 years 2 months ago #66670

I have found the problem and I have a fix. Need to do a bit more testing to make sure there are no other places that have the same issue. It would be great if someone with a V1 can also test to make sure the fix doesn’t break it for them.

I am thinking about removing the Led off functionality from V2 since it does not work in 2.0 and is removed in 2.1
I could also implement the Dew aggressiveness that has been introduced fin 2.1.
3 years 2 months ago #66714

I have submitted a Pull request with my fix for auto dew heaters in the V2 version and the addition of the auto aggressiveness functionality.

I have already had one response on another thread saying that the V2 version already works perfectly so why am I fixing it and risking breaking it.

If users of the UPB V2 would rather I do not modify this driver then I will withdraw my pull request so my changes are not incorporated.

Let me know.
3 years 2 months ago #66766

• Thank you received: 28
Hi,
as I already stated, the driver does not work for Automatic Dew. I have an UPBv2 running and it does not work actually. Other functions were OK.
As you are working on the driver anyhow, I would like to ask, if you could support a flag / property in the firmware portion to tell the client if a UPB v1 or a UPB v2 is running. This information is available in the driver, but is not passed to the client. THis would help a lot.
Michel
3 years 2 months ago #66778

• Thank you received: 140

I don’t quite understand what you mean by version 2.0 and 2.1...? There is only V1 and V2 of the UPB, it’s the firmware that changes, and is Version 1.5 on mine...? So are you saying that the firmware is now up to 2.1 as I have not checked for a month or two...
3 years 2 months ago #66781

• Thank you received: 20
hello,
a new firmware is available for upb v2 :2.2 (updated today)
auto dew heater works with the windows app.
did not check with indi.

regards
3 years 2 months ago #66785

Sorry I was not clear.
The difference is the firmware version (which can be applied with the Windows app).
When I got my UPB V2 a few weeks ago it was on Firmware version 2.0. Recently they released 2.1 and yesterday they released 2.2. I think the Dew Aggressiveness feature was added in 2.1.
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Rishi Garrod.
3 years 2 months ago #66786

• Thank you received: 140

Well I am a few versions behind as I am on firmware 1.5 or did it jump from 1.5 to 2.0....as I only updated about six weeks ago....?.
3 years 2 months ago #66788

• Thank you received: 69

Replied by Giles on topic Pegasus Ultimate Dew heaters

It looks like this firmware change is also present on the PPB Advance, do we need to update the driver for the PPBA as well?
3 years 2 months ago #66790

I have only had mine a few weeks. They have made a lot of upgrades recently. The good thin is that they are very responsive when it comes to customer support and seem prepared to fix issues very quickly.
I know we just want our gear to work reliably but on balance I am in favour of upgrading.
3 years 2 months ago #66791

No, there is no need to update the driver. It will work fine after the upgrade of the Firmware.
You only need to update the driver if you want to be able to control the Auto dew function and the auto dew aggressiveness from Indi.
The push was accepted today so I guess the new driver will be available for testing from the nightly build tomorrow
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Rishi Garrod.
3 years 2 months ago #66793

Time to create page: 0.805 seconds