INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Pegasus Ultimate Dew heaters

• Thank you received: 28
Hi,
as I already stated, the driver does not work for Automatic Dew. I have an UPBv2 running and it does not work actually. Other functions were OK.
As you are working on the driver anyhow, I would like to ask, if you could support a flag / property in the firmware portion to tell the client if a UPB v1 or a UPB v2 is running. This information is available in the driver, but is not passed to the client. THis would help a lot.
Michel
3 years 2 months ago #66778

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 140

I don’t quite understand what you mean by version 2.0 and 2.1...? There is only V1 and V2 of the UPB, it’s the firmware that changes, and is Version 1.5 on mine...? So are you saying that the firmware is now up to 2.1 as I have not checked for a month or two...
3 years 2 months ago #66781

• Thank you received: 20
hello,
a new firmware is available for upb v2 :2.2 (updated today)
auto dew heater works with the windows app.
did not check with indi.

regards
3 years 2 months ago #66785

• Thank you received: 56

Sorry I was not clear.
The difference is the firmware version (which can be applied with the Windows app).
When I got my UPB V2 a few weeks ago it was on Firmware version 2.0. Recently they released 2.1 and yesterday they released 2.2. I think the Dew Aggressiveness feature was added in 2.1.
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Rishi Garrod.
3 years 2 months ago #66786

Well I am a few versions behind as I am on firmware 1.5 or did it jump from 1.5 to 2.0....as I only updated about six weeks ago....?.
3 years 2 months ago #66788

• Thank you received: 69

Replied by Giles on topic Pegasus Ultimate Dew heaters

It looks like this firmware change is also present on the PPB Advance, do we need to update the driver for the PPBA as well?
3 years 2 months ago #66790

I have only had mine a few weeks. They have made a lot of upgrades recently. The good thin is that they are very responsive when it comes to customer support and seem prepared to fix issues very quickly.
I know we just want our gear to work reliably but on balance I am in favour of upgrading.
3 years 2 months ago #66791

No, there is no need to update the driver. It will work fine after the upgrade of the Firmware.
You only need to update the driver if you want to be able to control the Auto dew function and the auto dew aggressiveness from Indi.
The push was accepted today so I guess the new driver will be available for testing from the nightly build tomorrow
3 years 2 months ago #66793

Sorry, I misread your post, I see now you asking about the Advanced. There is a separate driver for the Advanced, I have only that modified the Ultimate driver.
I would still expect the advanced to work fine after the firmware update.
3 years 2 months ago #66810

• Thank you received: 69

Replied by Giles on topic Pegasus Ultimate Dew heaters

Yes, I thought I was using auto-dew on the PPBA already (as default setting) I notice that the serial command sheet was updated with auto-dew reporting commands last month on the Pegasus website.

I have put the new software on the Windows laptop and connected the PPBA and subsequently used the PPBA indoors for Flats and Dark Flats acquisition session, so the github driver still works with the latest version, although not tested any Dew functionality... Just wondering whether auto-dew has been working when I was outside before, as I hadn't really checked (except for not noticing any dew on the scope).

Will be good to see all the Pegasus drivers updated with the functionality to make it a bit more clearer.
3 years 2 months ago #66823

I would love to update them all but I only have the Ultimate V2 and and old Personal. I would not like to update the drivers without being able to test.
If we could get Pegasus to provide one of us with all their devices then we could do it but not sure how to organise that.

You can see if the AutoDew is working, you should see the PVM and Amps. If you can't activate it from Indi then activate it in the Pegasus Windows App. The setting should be saved in Eprom so it should persist.
3 years 2 months ago #66826

Any chance the driver could be updated, so that we can change the names of the dew ports, like we can in the windows app....this is not possible in INdI, except for the power ports, also the USB ports can’t be re named either....? :)
3 years 2 months ago #66828

Time to create page: 0.819 seconds