INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Is there any USB C to 2.1 adapter From Raspberry PI to Pegasus Powerbox

• Thank you received: 3
The PPBADV has 4 x 12V outputs, plus it also has one Adjustable output. Within the firmware you can adjust this from 3V to 12V. It was designed, if required, for powering accessories like a DSLR. The website even suggests that you could power a Rasperry Pi from it. I am interested in this method because I want to use all four USB ports for data and not loose one to just providng power.
3 years 1 month ago #66825

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 117
Hi Dave, In the special case of the PPBADV, I'd be tempted to try the powered USB3 (special) port, and just go with a good quality USB3 to USB-C cable. That may force you to use the Pegasus SW to control the port if you want to wait to power the PI until after all other gear is stable (this assumes that the INDI driver does not yet provide that capability...an unknown), but it might not matter to wait since the powered hub is internal to the unit. Otherwise, if you want a separate switch, the prior advice about configuring an in-line switch is still good. Cheers, Doug

pegasusastro.com/products/pocket-powerbox-advance/
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Doug S.
3 years 1 month ago #66841

• Thank you received: 69

I use the USB port-1 on the PPBA to power my Pi4. I find I don't have any issues as the Pi takes a while to boot up and by the time it has started I can always start INDI and everything is detected without issue.

In any case, I have an Argon One M.2 case for the Pi, which comes with a power button, it has an option to change the behaviour of the Pi on power up, either leave off until the case Power Button is pressed or power up on power on (which is what I choose).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Imm
3 years 1 month ago #66842

Time to create page: 0.393 seconds