INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Change request for SkywatcherAltAz

• Thank you received: 5
@knro: could you please include the following changes to the skywacherAPI in the next built of Stellarmate ?

It is for having support of the AZ-EQ6 (also for the version with the latest MC board revision). I tested these changes with my mount and it seems to work o.k.. I could not test it live outside, though, as sky conditions did not allow. I did various dry runs inside and the goto, tracking and slewing seems to work. With the slewing I am unsure, whether the speed settings correspond to what I am used to with the eqmod. It seems to be faster in the respective settings than eqmod. There seems to be some backlash inovolved, also ? My mount backtracks some of the slewing after stopping the slew. I did not see any options within the driver to change this, though. Will report more details, once I could test it live.

Requested changes:

Changes made to skywatcherAPI.cpp

insert following lines to check for AZEQ-Mounts:

// MountCode 0x22 has been added to include latest revision of MC board version of AZEQ6
bool SkywatcherAPI::IsAZEQMount() const
{
return MountCode == 0x22 || MountCode == 0x06 || MountCode == 0x05;
}

change code to not disable AZEQ Mounts:

// Disable EQ mounts but AZEQ
if ((MountCode < 0x80) && !IsAZEQMount())
return false;

Changes made to skywatcherAPIMount.cpp

// Guiding support
// un-comment the two following lines to have guiding
initGuiderProperties(getDeviceName(), GUIDE_TAB);

setDriverInterface(getDriverInterface() | GUIDER_INTERFACE);

I made for my own compilation also the following change in skywatcherAPI.h. Quite frankly, I do not know whether this is necessary or what it does:
added one line for AZEQ6

enum MountType
{
EQ6 = 0x00,
HEQ5 = 0x01,
EQ5 = 0x02,
EQ3 = 0x03,
AZEQ6 = 0x22,
GT = 0x80,
MF = 0x81,
_114GT = 0x82,
DOB = 0x90
};
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Dirk Tetzlaff.
3 years 2 months ago #66754

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thank you Dirk! The changes should be available later tonight in the nightly/beta channel. Let me know if guiding works once you get a clear night. THank you for your great contribution to the code, it's greatly appreciated.
3 years 2 months ago #66783

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.638 seconds