INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Location and mount slewing wrong way.

• Thank you received: 2
Hi Paul,

Thank you for the reply and apologies for not providing more information. The mount is an EQ5 and is driven by the Astrogadget EQstar pro astro-gadget.net/gadgets/control-of-tele...ser-eq-4-eq-5-mounts.

I have tried all 3 options for time and date but these problems seems to persist. I have also followed the Stellarmate instructions for clearing data (i.e. purge all data, disconnect, switch off mount drive etc).
3 years 1 month ago #67388

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wouter, thank you for replying. The longitude makes sense. See reply above with regard to mount.
I am working today but will record and submit logs later.
3 years 1 month ago #67389

• Thank you received: 17
Which INDI driver are you using to control the mount?

Have you tried to purge the mount model? That often works wonders when my mount (EQ6/EQMOD) goes crazy...
3 years 1 month ago #67397

As above I have done the purge all configuration several times. Drive is EQMod mount.
3 years 1 month ago #67405

Logs from this evening attached.

One thing that immediatley springs to mind is that in the INDI control panel, the EQ coordinates do not seem to coincide with where the scope is pointing. If the mount is in parked position and I sync to polaris. I can look up xcoordinates of polaris but the do not match with this. If I then press 'set' the mount slews somewhere completely different - presumably to where it thinks those coordinates are.
3 years 1 month ago #67406
Attachments:

Update, I have purged both park options data and configuration. It appears to park with the cursor pointing at polaris now but when I click on a target and issue a go to it always slews east - no matter whether the target object is in the east of west. You can see the cursor moving and it always heads in the same direction no matter what the target. I have also noticed that if I look at an objects coordinates in kstars and then look at the object position in the eqmod mount control, the coordinates do not match.

A log files from earlier today is attached.

Also to note, when attached to a windows laptop running ascom, this issue does not occur and the mount slews correctly.
3 years 1 month ago #67453
Attachments:

I am guessing nobody has any thoughts suggestions based on the logs?
3 years 1 month ago #67581

• Thank you received: 0
Hello!
I’m having the exact same issues, with the exact same equipment, the only difference is that I’m using Astroberry on my RPi4.
I’ll try to gather logs of the system to post them here.
Thank you!
3 years 1 month ago #67606

• Thank you received: 0
I fixed my system by simulating the GPS on INDI, and this time I used the correct coordinates. My GPS Dongle doesn't really pick up signal from my balcony... (great location for testing and learning how to use my system, horrible for GPS signal)
I was incorrectly putting positive degrees when my location is Eastwards. To avoid negative numbers, I did 360-East coordinates.
Also, avoid mixing Longitude with Latitude.
Once that was fixed, it worked fine.

I hope this helps!
3 years 1 month ago #67629

• Thank you received: 3
Hi
I have the same problem, it is driving me crazy, using the N / S / E / W controls it moves in the correct directions with all the applications, but from CdC, Kstars, etc. the same thing happens to me,
It parks well, I point to one star, I tell him to move to one that is visually up in the sky and moves as if it were down, the same, if I point to one that is down it moves up, all the time like this.
Reinstall astroberry in RBPi4, reconfigure everything and it stays the same
I use Astroberry, EQMod, EQ5 and AstroEQ, I live in the south hemispere, in Argentina
Best regards
3 years 1 month ago #67641

Glad you got it working. I checked and rechecked coordinates several times ensuring they were correct. I also ensured that latitude and longitude were not mixed up (as a sailor I am very aware of that!).

To be honest, I have got fed up with trying to make it work and have found dealing with a Linux based system not the easiest - for example trying to run off an SSD which I got working eventually, but only after finding that the drive enclosure I had bought had a chipset that didnt work with the PI and spending several days trawling forums to work out how to do it. Also tried to install a USB wireless adapter - not joy after following various forums to find out how to get it to work.

Have had no feedback after posting my logs and required information other that from you.

Therefore, I have decided to give up on Stellarmate and INDI and go back to working with a windows based ASCOM sytem where at least installing a basic peripheral does not take several days! Am going to sell the Raspberry Pi with Stellarmate and put it down to experience...
3 years 1 month ago #67671

• Thank you received: 3
A shame that you have fallen out with indi / linux, from my point of view it has its problems but linux being open source, which does not happen in windows, it has an active community that is more proactive to give a hand and correct problems, including this INDI community.
I hope you find and I find what the problem is so you continue with INDI / Astroberry

Sorry for mi bad English
Best Regards
3 years 1 month ago #67673

Time to create page: 1.261 seconds