INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

[SOLVED] SW AZ-GTI in EQ Mode Can't Find Targets Correctly

• Thank you received: 31
I have a Sky-Watcher AZ-GTI mount that I'm using in EQ mode with Stellarmate on an Rpi4 4GB, Kstars/Ekos on a Win10 PC. I can connect to the mount super easily using the "AZ-GTI Alt-AZ" driver, but not the "AZ-GTI" driver or the EQMod Driver. When connected, I can have the mount set to and start-up in Home position correctly, but when I pick a star in Kstars and slew to, the mount goes to a very wrong location. I have my location coordinates and correct UTC time set in the driver and in Kstars/Ekos. It seems like it's a Geo-coordinate or time issue to me, but nothing I've tried has worked. Then it dawned on me, maybe the driver I'm using is for alt-az only (it is titled alt-az), and it doesn't know the mount is in EQ mode? What is the correct driver to use for EQ mode? Any other ideas? Thanks guys!
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Tom Bardenwerper.
3 years 1 month ago #67380

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 86
I use EQMod Driver with mine. Works perfectly.
Your mount is in EQ mode but you use it with an Alt-Az driver. This is wrong...
-- Max S
ZWO AM5. RST-135. AZ-GTI. HEQ5. iOptron SkyTracker.
TPO RC6. FRA400. Rokinon 135 and other lenses.
ZWO ASI2600MC. D5500 modified with UVIR clip-in filter.
ZWO ASI120MM Mini x 2. ZWO 30F4 guider. Orion 50mm guider.
ZWO EAF x 2.
3 years 1 month ago #67384

I tried EQMod but the driver doesn’t even launch in Ekos - had it configured in both my INDI server profile and in Ekos. I suspect it may not be installed on my Rpi. How did you get it installed and what connection settings are you using? Thanks! Tom
3 years 1 month ago #67403

Also, are you using the mount through wifi or are you using a direct cable? Thanks!
3 years 1 month ago #67419

GETTING CLOSE:
I ran update on Stellarmate and it found 250+ updates - TONS of INDI Library drivers. Perfect! A missing driver is exactly what I thought the problem was. After the lengthy update, the EQmod driver finally successfully launched within Ekos and after setting the connection configuration, it connected right up. Success! Wait, not so fast... Then, it did not appear to be moving the mount. Slew speed was set to 64x but movement was silent and imperceptible - even when holding on to the mount. I bumped up the speed to 800x and viola! Problem solved - normal speed slewing and everything is talking. Now I'm working on getting the rest of the EQmod driver configured and will report back if it's slewing to the correct location, or not. Fingers crossed, but it's looking very promising...
3 years 1 month ago #67426

Well slap my ass and call me Sally! It works!! EQmod connects right up and the mount appears to be slewing to the correct spot - cloudy and 5 degrees F, so can't star test it. But when I tell it to point at a star due west, is points due west, instead of south-east or some other crazy direction. I think I'm good!

Thanks for the tip that the EQmod driver works Maxthebuilder!

One last question: Does plate solving work with the mount / driver?
3 years 1 month ago #67427

• Thank you received: 86
Glad you got it all sorted out!

Yes, absolutely - plate solving works.
And auto-guiding too.
-- Max S
ZWO AM5. RST-135. AZ-GTI. HEQ5. iOptron SkyTracker.
TPO RC6. FRA400. Rokinon 135 and other lenses.
ZWO ASI2600MC. D5500 modified with UVIR clip-in filter.
ZWO ASI120MM Mini x 2. ZWO 30F4 guider. Orion 50mm guider.
ZWO EAF x 2.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom Bardenwerper
3 years 1 month ago #67434

Time to create page: 1.186 seconds