INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

using 2 focusers of myfocuserpro2 in one setup

• Thank you received: 2
Dear all,

I have a question related to the possibility of using 2 focusers of myfocuserpro2 type in one setup with INDI and EKOS.
I am trying to do it in this way:

Step 1: in terminal start indiserver and 2 instances of the myfocuserpro2 drivers
indiserver -vvv indi_eqmod_telescope indi_qhy_ccd indi_canon_ccd indi_myfocuserpro2_focus indi_astroberry_focuser
Step 2: in Ekos in focuser field
fill myfocuserpro2
Step 3: Start Ekos
Step 4: in Indi control pannel, select the target UBS port (let’s say USB0) to get the needed myfocuserpro2 connected.

Is there another way to do it ?
I tried to configure EKOS to use the 2nd focuser by filling AUX 1 field but without success.

I am thinking about using the interacting driver starting like below to able to give different names to the focusers to be able to differentiate them in EKOS
echo start /usr/bin/indi_myfocuserpro2_focus -n \"Focuser1\" -s \"/home/xxxx/.indi/MyFocuserPro2_config.xml\">INDIFIFO
echo start /usr/bin/indi_myfocuserpro2_focus -n \"Focuser2\" -s \"/home/xxxx/.indi/MyFocuserPro2_Add_config\">INDIFIFO

Someone one have an idea about to manages 2 focusers in more elegant way ?

thank you !
3 years 1 month ago #67697

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

If I get it right, you'd need to set them up so you can identify them, using the persistent port mapping technique:

www.indilib.org/support/tutorials/157-pe...al-port-mapping.html

However... I have 2 MyfocuserPro version 1, and they are identical in all respects. I can attach them as you say in Ekos, one as Focuser, and one as Aux. But I have no way of knowing which is which nor to make this consistent. All because the Raspberry cannot see any difference between them.

So what I did, was to use 2 raspberries: One focuser attached to each (and of course, Ekos running on both). Doing that, I can give the focuser on Raspberry 2 and alias (for instance Moonlite2) and then connect to it as a remote device from Raspberry 1, and then just do everything from Raspberry 1. I can explain in more detail if you wish.

Magnus
3 years 1 month ago #67716

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.391 seconds