INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Pegasus UPBv2 constantly gives a warning about Dew aggresiveness

• Thank you received: 8
For now I've had to install VirtualBox and then grab a Win10 developer VM, free for 90 days, just to get this sorted. I can confirm that after flashing the firmware that this error has stopped.

This does bring up the fact that they use avrdude to flash the firmware. This is a GPL open-source package that runs on Linux, BSD, MacOS (via brew), and of course Win32. I will try to see if they are at least in future provide the Hex and instructions to perform a manual update. To me this would be a far better solution than saying back to me 'I strongly suggest finding a Windows PC and upgrading it there'.
3 years 3 weeks ago #68154

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 140

I have asked these questions of them in the past, and they have no intention of helping on this matter...they really used to be so helpful, but the last 12 months I have seen a different side to Pegasus customer service, it seems all about making money now and nothing else....
3 years 3 weeks ago #68155

Yeah I'm finding that out myself. So much for 'By amateur astronomers for amateur astronomers'. It's a shame given that they make sure they say its fully supported by INDI and INDIGO, and is fully compatible with Stellar Mate (along with The SkyX).
3 years 3 weeks ago #68164

• Thank you received: 0
  • Thank you received: 140
Don’t hold your breath, they told me that 18 months ago....!!
2 years 11 months ago #69743

Evans told me he way too busy to help. If they provide the script then great, but like Astronerd I'm not going to hold my breath.

They use avrdude to flash the UBPv2, so if they were able to tell us what parameters to use and provide the firmware hex file then the open source community could pitch in to create the automation script.
2 years 11 months ago #69744

Time to create page: 0.800 seconds