INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

SX and ATIK drivers not connecting after recent update

• Thank you received: 76
Apologies if already posted...
Everything was working until I updated yesterday. Now I can no longer connect to my SX or ATIK cameras.
I start an indiserver on localhost and then connect Ekos as a client. Its almost as if the driver does not start at all in the indiserver.
Tried narrowing it down by just running indiserver with the mount (works fine) and ATIK camera (never connects)
See screenshot and log pasted below (There is a red telephone icon that I can click to abort, the ATIK ccd tab never appears in the indi control panel

2021-04-26T19:44:55 Unable to establish remote devices:
+ Atik CCD
+ iOptron v3
Please ensure remote device name corresponds to actual device name.
2021-04-26T19:44:40 INDI services started. Connection to remote INDI server is successful. Waiting for devices...
2021-04-26T19:44:40 Connecting to remote INDI server at localhost on port 7624 ...
2021-04-26T19:44:29 Failed to connect to remote INDI server.
2021-04-26T19:44:29 Connecting to remote INDI server at localhost on port 7624 ...
2021-04-26T19:37:59 INDI services stopped.
2021-04-26T19:32:33 Unable to establish remote devices:
+ Atik CCD
+ iOptron v3
Please ensure remote device name corresponds to actual device name.
2021-04-26T19:32:18 INDI services started. Connection to remote INDI server is successful. Waiting for devices...
2021-04-26T19:32:18 Connecting to remote INDI server at localhost on port 7624 ..

2 years 11 months ago #70631
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Just tried building the SX driver from source but I'm getting the same result.
Tried uninstalling kstars, indi, deleting all hidden kstars and indi dirs and reinstalling. Same result.
Seems to affect indi_sx_ccd , indi_atik_ccd and indi_atik_wheel
Derek
2 years 11 months ago #70649

• Thank you received: 0
Hi --

I have the same issue with the latest 3.5.3 update.  Both of my cameras (a Zwo ASI 120MM mini, and a QHY 163C) fail to connect.  The drivers are running, because I can connect to them with PhD2, and the produce images.  I did have to fix the /usr/lib link to get the ZWO running.  I'm using Ubuntu 20.04.

Thanks!

2 years 11 months ago #70680

Altair Camera also not detected any further.. I know, that altair and Linux was always tricky... At least, I'm a bit happy, i'm not the only one having problems. But I cannot see any logging information.

Synscan and Joystick were detected, Camera not. Altair gpcamar0130c, mainly used for guiding.
2 years 11 months ago #70687

Seems like a lot of people having problems. This thread could be related www.indilib.org/forum/ccds-dslrs/9585-cc...to-3-5-3-stable.html
My next course of investigation is to try to connect with a different client (instead of EKOS) to see if its a driver issue or client issue.
Nothing logged in kernel log either, no crash, nothing in the server log :-(
Derek
2 years 11 months ago #70691

I installed Ekos after reading your posts. I tried it earlier, and worked, but normally, I do not use it. My issue was that I could not see my cam in PHD (i use the cam as indi-device, since there are no native drivers for linux). It used to work fine, until I installed the update of indilib 1.9 recently. I also tried my phone as an idi-client (using telecope.touch-app), and it could not see the cam either (but all other devices).

First, I changed cables (you never know) , then I restarted the indi-altair-driver, then the indi- server a couple of times, finally the entire laptop, but error seems remaining.
Did one of you guys also updated the entire indi-service/indilib? There came an update recently.
2 years 11 months ago #70695

Time to create page: 0.462 seconds