INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

3.5.3 unusable on ubuntu 20.04 (both intel and R Pi)

• Thank you received: 57
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Scott Denning.
2 years 11 months ago #70715

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 17
I am still having an issue with my SX CCD (Lodestar camera). I did the update/upgrade on my Ubunto 20.1 system and it upgrade Kstars to 3.5.4 Beta (?) instead of stable. I created a new profile with all my equipment and everything shows up in the Indi Control Panel, except the SX CCD. The CGEM, ZWO CCD, SX Filter Wheel all are there but no guide camera. The SX CCD loads in PHD as stand alone and works, but I cannot connect in EKOS because there is no panel for it.

I tried re-installing indi-full and Indi-sx but it tells me I already have the latest version. I indicated this to Jasem in my initial camera issue thread, but thought I might run this by you as well.

thanks for any help you can offer.
2 years 11 months ago #70755

• Thank you received: 57
Here's a link that explains how to go back and forth from the nightlies (beta) and the stable version:
indilib.org/download.html

Start by uninstalling the nightly version
sudo apt-get install ppa-purge
sudo ppa-purge ppa:mutlaqja/indinightly

Then you may or may not need to reinstall the stable version:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:mutlaqja/indinightly
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install indi-full kstars-bleeding gsc

Good luck!
Scott
2 years 11 months ago #70762

• Thank you received: 17
Yes, I found that and I did that and now I have Kstars 3.5.3, but the SX CCD still does not show up in the Indi Control panel, but I do get a message that I should check and see if it is powered and connected. It is as it shows up in lsusb and it runs under PHD2, it also seems to connect if I just run the device manager and run its service. But it does not connect in Kstars/Ekos. I am going thru the process of building the 3 rd party drivers now, installing all the dependencies .
2 years 11 months ago #70764

Time to create page: 0.530 seconds