INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Question About Weather Monitoring in INDI

• Thank you received: 28
I have a permanent pier which only holds the mount between astrophotography sessions.  That is, the scope, computer and all but the mount electronics come in after every session.  Among the electronics is a Unihedron SQM which is monitored and MPSAS values saved in the FITS header of each image.

I also have a Davis weather station which I monitor with my personal RPi based solution.  I see how I can add the data to allow weather monitoring in EKOS/INDI with the Weather Watcher driver.

Since I don't have any automation needs tied into the Weather Watcher, what value will I get out of this operation other than to be able to go to the appropriate INDI tab to see the current conditions?  Is anything, e.g., the ambient temperature added to the FITS header?
2 years 11 months ago #70905

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 16
I also have a Davis Vue WX station with an IP connection - but can never get Ekos to stay connected to it for very long. It connects up fine and logs data for a while, but then drops with an error. Have you had luck with maintaining a live connection to your Davis station?
2 years 11 months ago #70924

I'm in the process of doing a longer term test.

I get data from my WeatherLink Live via a python script and write data to multiple web pages and an InfluxDB database. I modified the script to create a specific file accessible on my LAN for Weather Watcher to get its readings.

I'll post if I see any instabilities with this approach.
2 years 11 months ago #70926

I have successfully run ~23 hours using Weather Watcher and my script.  See image

I'll work up python script specifically for the Davis WeatherLink Live to use with Weather Watcher.  Hopefully, I'll have that up sometime this week.
2 years 11 months ago #70950
Attachments:

For anyone interested, I have placed two versions of the script I use to get Davis WeatherLink Live data to a form usable by Weather Watcher on my Github
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hank
2 years 11 months ago #70962

Time to create page: 0.320 seconds