INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Dew heater

• Thank you received: 223

Dew heater was created by Gonzothegreat

What are you using as a dew heater? I'm looking for one, usb, single strap and obviously 100% Indi controlled.
2 years 11 months ago #70954

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 23

Replied by ALESSANDRO PENSATO on topic Dew heater

I am working on a version based on arduino nano and USB_Dewpoint INDI driver. for my purpose i use only one channel linked to other two
2 years 11 months ago #70958

• Thank you received: 20

Replied by hades on topic Dew heater

This one has what you are looking for: www.usb-foc.us/shop/product/new-usb-dewpoint-v3-11
INDI driver: indilib.org/aux/usb-dew-point.html
Or you can build your own and also develop drivers. I am currently testing this: github.com/ChrisV77/TelescopeDewHeaterController
It is based on Arduino and can be set to automatic or manual. Values are displayed on an OLED display. I have already build one, next step will be creation of INDI drivers a modification of Arduino code.
2 years 11 months ago #70963

Mine is just using existing INDI driver, I need only to recheck all the things because i started it on January
2 years 11 months ago #70967

• Thank you received: 20

Replied by hades on topic Dew heater

Well, I didn't started development of the driver, I am not even a developer. So this could be the way, how to make it easier, just to modify existing Arduino code to provide the data which existing driver needs. Thanks for this info.
2 years 11 months ago #70968

In my opinion the best way is to reuse all the things that already exists. I found a base code for the arduino, then I studied the USB_Dewpoint INDI driver and the commends that it sends out the the expected response. With these infos I adapted the arduino code to receive and respond to the serials commands with the values.

It can be use also as  is without usb connection. It starts in auto mode and it check the temp_amb against the dew poit plus a value and it adapts the pwn output from 0 to 100% when the temp_amb is near the dew point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hades
2 years 11 months ago #70969
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by Tomas Kalisch on topic Dew heater

Hi, the code you modified is for this github.com/ChrisV77/TelescopeDewHeaterController ?

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hartmut
1 year 4 months ago #88595

Time to create page: 0.813 seconds