INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Remote Observatory with INDI/Ekos

• Thank you received: 1
Hello Antonio,
Thank you very much for your response. I would really appreciate it if you could push the code to a Github Repository, that would be great. And also thanks for the tipp with the PHD2-Server, that could be really useful.
2 years 10 months ago #71261

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 72
I have left a message for you in the chat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nicholas Dahlke
2 years 10 months ago #71267

I have just installed INDI and wanted to connect to the devices, but I'm not able to connect to the Planewave EFA and the Planewave Delta-T Heater. I always get the error "Invalid Checksum". Could anyone help me?
2 years 10 months ago #71271

I have also checked with the Planewave Software that Heater and Focusser are working, so the problem is on the INDI/Linux Side
2 years 10 months ago #71274

Please turn on the logging (INDI + Focuser + Auxiliary) and then share the logs: indilib.org/individuals/logs-howto.html
2 years 10 months ago #71275

Here is my log file.
2 years 10 months ago #71279
Attachments:

Thank you, looks like indeed some checksum issue. However, the log does not show the response (my mistake). I've updated the driver to post the response before checking for the checksum. So the change is in GIT now and would be available in PPA tomorrow. At least we'll see the response and then find out why the checksum calculation is wrong.

If you know your way around GIT, you can test now and send the logs again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nicholas Dahlke
2 years 10 months ago #71284

I have now tried to update INDI with:
sudo apt update
and
sudo apt upgrade
, but I am not sure if it worked, so here is my log file.
2 years 10 months ago #71324
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 2
Hi there Antonio,
I'm also interested in your INDI driver for the roll off roof, using the Modbus protocol.

I have built, in my back yard, a roll off roof observatory, consisting of 2 rooms - the observatory room and a separated warmroom next to it.
The roof is driven by a TMT Automation Gate Opener and has 6 magnetic sensors to determine the position of the roof. Additionally, the observatory also has weather sensors (rain sensor, anemometer, thermometer, barometer and humidity sensor).
All the sensors and controls for the roof driver are wired in a control box in the warmroom. The observatory has wired ethernet network connections both in the warmroom and in the observatory room, all connected to the house LAN.

Presently, the roof driver and all the sensors are connected to an Arduino Mega microcontroller. The Arduino Mega is then connected to a Raspberry Pi via the Modbus protocol, using RS485 adapters (both Arduino and Raspberry are located in the control box in the warmroom).
I have written 2 INDI drivers (roof driver and weather driver) connected to the Raspberry Pi via ethernet. The Pi runs a small TCP server providing weather data, roof position information and takes roof open/close commands from the INDI drivers.

I am planning to change the configuration of the observatory by using 2 separate microcontrollers: one for roof control and one for weather data aquisition. I would like to connect the INDI drivers directly to the 2 microcontrollers via Modbus-ethernet, which I find rock-solid, thus bypassing the Raspberry Pi.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
2 years 3 months ago #78409

• Thank you received: 72
Hi Felix

I'm glad to give some experiences back to the community. As I stated before I didn't yet publish my "Rollogo"-Driver due to the lack of a good documentation. But I think with your background You should have no problem to understand the relative simple approach of the driver. Which, by the way, works very stable and reliable for more then two years now.

I will leave a private message in www.indilib.org/support/community.html for You.

Sincerly
Antonio
The following user(s) said Thank You: Radmilo Felix
2 years 3 months ago #78456

Time to create page: 0.325 seconds