INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Change USB traffic for ZWO ASI camera

• Thank you received: 2
I have been advised by ZWO tech support to "try to change USB traffic" starting from 40. 

But I don't know what that means. Apparently other software packages have such a setting but I don't see one in Ekos and don't know what it would mean in terms of Linux settings.

Does anyone here experience with this?

Thanks.

I'm still working on getting a Beaglebone Black to run ASI cameras 290 and 183. Hope it's no etiquette violation to start a new thread. Please advise if so.
2 years 9 months ago #71792

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 117
It would be helpful to have just a bit more context about what problem you're experiencing. Is this your imaging cam or guide cam? Are you using ST4 or not? How much gear do you have using USB? Are you using a USB hub, RPi4, or ??? If Rpi4, are you using USB2 or USB3? What's the symptom you're experiencing, and is there any more to the story about why ZWO recommended you adjust USB traffic settings? I don't have a clue what that 40 parameter is all about, but if you give more context, you might get to the root cause & solution. Cheers, Doug
2 years 9 months ago #71793

• Thank you received: 38
Its located in the INDI driver panel. Go to the INDI Driver panel, then go to your camera, look at the tabs, it should be there.
2 years 9 months ago #71794

• Thank you received: 38
What it is used for is to control the speed of the download. I am not sure, but as I understand it, USB traffic can cause artifacts in the image when downloading from the sensor. I am not sure this is the case however.
2 years 9 months ago #71795

• Thank you received: 2
Many thanks for responses.

I am running my ZWO ASI cameras on a Beaglebone Black (BBB). Besides a camera, I am running a Rigel Systems nStep focuser. When both devices are connected, I connect with a USB hub. However, the problem I am having persists when I connect just a camera directly to the BBB USB port. Namely that the ASI183MM fails to capture a full frame image and that the ASI290MM fails to capture a full frame image when the integration time is set less than 1 second.

I'm using just one camera, and using it for imaging. No ST4 in use. I have upgraded the USB cable that came with the cameras.

More details and the ZWO tech responses may be found on the ZWO forum:
   bbs.astronomy-imaging-camera.com/d/12623-asi-cameras-armv7/2

I don't seem to have an INDI driver panel. Perhaps I'm missing something?

Yes, I suspect this is all about the speed of the download as both cameras work fine with the BBB if I cut the ROI down to 256x256 (which, of course, is not something I would normally want to do...). That the SDK is not waiting long enough to call ASIGetExpStatus.

So back to the "change USB traffic" thing. It seems to be a phrase only ZWO uses and I am left wondering whether it refers to camera settings, Ekos settings, INDI settings, or OS settings.

Thanks for reading.
2 years 9 months ago #71802

Time to create page: 0.501 seconds