INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Omegon Pro / Touptek drivers

The changes are in nightly, not stable. Also, you need to run: sudo apt-get -y dist-upgrade as well since the crash above is due to missing package.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Euripides
2 years 8 months ago #73013

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3
Hi Jasem,

I ran some test on a freshly installed Stellarmate with the nightly builds. My Omegon 2000M Guide Camera seems to be stable now without the 'Exposure time out' warnings. But I have a problem now with the Canon DSLR driver which crashes everytime the INDI server tries to start it up. So I haven't been able to test the guide camera drop outs when I take an image with my Canon 650D. I have put the debugger log below. Maybe you can have a look at it.

Thanks a lot for all the work so far!

[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libthread_db.so.1".
[New inferior 2 (process 2010)]
[Inferior 1 (process 2007) detached]
process 2010 is executing new program: /usr/bin/indi_gphoto_ccd
[New Thread 0xb4de9080 (LWP 2018)]
[Thread 0xb4de9080 (LWP 2018) exited]
[New Thread 0xb4de9080 (LWP 2023)]
[Thread 0xb4de9080 (LWP 2023) exited]
[New Thread 0xb4de9080 (LWP 2024)]
[Thread 0xb4de9080 (LWP 2024) exited]
[New Thread 0xb4de9080 (LWP 2025)]
[Thread 0xb4de9080 (LWP 2025) exited]
[New Thread 0xb4de9080 (LWP 2026)]
[New Thread 0xb43ff080 (LWP 2027)]

Thread 2.1 "indi_canon_ccd" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
[Switching to Thread 0xb4dea010 (LWP 2010)]
INDI::StreamManager::setStreamingExposureEnabled (this=0x0, enable=false) at ./libs/stream/streammanager.cpp:1283
#0 INDI::StreamManager::setStreamingExposureEnabled (this=0x0, enable=false) at ./libs/stream/streammanager.cpp:1283
#1 0x00416688 in GPhotoCCD::initProperties (this=0x47ce18) at ./gphoto_ccd.cpp:333
#2 0xb6e8f8fa in INDI::DefaultDevice::ISGetProperties (this=this@entry=0x47ce18, dev=dev@entry=0x0) at ./libs/indibase/defaultdevice.cpp:767
#3 0xb6e9ae4a in INDI::CCD::ISGetProperties (this=0x47ce18, dev=0x0) at ./libs/indibase/indiccd.cpp:457
#4 0x004167a4 in GPhotoCCD::ISGetProperties (this=0x47ce18, dev=0x0) at ./gphoto_ccd.cpp:361
#5 0xb6e8ee44 in ISGetProperties (dev=dev@entry=0x0) at ./libs/indibase/defaultdevice.cpp:57
#6 0xb6e7d060 in dispatch (root=0x467c80, msg=msg@entry=0xbeffef2c "") at ./indidriver.c:815
#7 0xb6e7e148 in clientMsgCB (fd=<optimized out>, arg=0x4781d0) at ./indidrivermain.c:84
#8 0xb6e7e49c in callCallback (rfdp=0xbefff76c) at ./eventloop.c:409
#9 oneLoop () at ./eventloop.c:501
#10 0xb6e7e5de in eventLoop () at ./eventloop.c:109
#11 0xb6e7ad92 in main (ac=0, av=<optimized out>) at ./indidrivermain.c:131
#12 0xb6635718 in __libc_start_main (main=0xbefff984, argc=-1233747968, argv=0xb6635718 <__libc_start_main+268>, init=<optimized out>, fini=0x42f72d <__libc_csu_fini>, rtld_fini=0xb6fde4c4 <_dl_fini>, stack_end=0xbefff984) at libc-start.c:308
#13 0x0041591c in _start ()
Backtrace stopped: previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)
2 years 8 months ago #73085

Sorry Jasem,

I spoke to soon. After letting the guide camera run for a longer period. I get the exposure time outs again. The camera does recover though. See the screenshot below. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

2 years 8 months ago #73087
Attachments:

Hmmm odd.. I actually let this go for 2 hours straight without a single guide exposure timeout.
2 years 8 months ago #73089

Hi Jasem,

I let it run for a bit longer now and I get a lot of exposure time outs. I add the kstars log but to me there's not much more information in it. The odd thing is that when i only connect the guide camera and a telescope simulator and ccd simulator, there is no problem and everything is rock solid. But as soon as i connect my mount, a Celestron Evolution, with a serial connection through the hand controller I get the exposure time outs. It also happens when Ekos tries to download an exposure from my Canon DSLR. When I use the guide camera with Windows and ASCOM it is rock solid all the time. I really hope you can resolve this because I love using Ekos/kstars on Stellarmate a lot. I find it the most user friendly imaging acquisition suite out there but for now it's not a reliable solution for me. If there is anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to reach out. Thanks again for all your hard work for the community. 

File Attachment:

File Name: kstars-log...3-39.txt
File Size:30 KB
2 years 8 months ago #73094
Attachments:

Some additional information. I see the same behaviour in PHD2. When I connect my guide camera to PHD2 and the INDI Telescope Simulator, the guide camera keeps on taking exposure. When I change the mount to the INDI Celestron GPS driver, I get exposure time outs in PHD2. Exactly the same as with the internal guider of Ekos. So it seems to me there is some interference with the serial connection to the mount and the USB connection to the Touptek camera's. I had a discussion about this with a member of my astronomy club who has the exact same issue with his Omegon camera and his iOptron mount. I'm not sure of this is of any help but I hope it narrows it down a little
2 years 8 months ago #73095

So I ran this thus far for 20 minutes without a single time out. Altair for primary camera and Toupcam for guide camera.

2 years 8 months ago #73100
Attachments:

Hi Jasem,

Please see my previous message. When I use Toupcam Guide Camera via the Telescope Simulator I also have no exposure time outs. But as soon as I use real mount with a usb to serial connection through the Celestron hand controller I get the time outs. Same behaviour in PHD2 on Stellarmate
2 years 8 months ago #73101

Well, I can't replicate exactly that but I have serial devices connected to StellarMate and still no issues. Try to swap ports, or check power supply. (now running 35 mins with 5 devices connected to StellarMate and still no timeouts)
2 years 8 months ago #73103

I tried all of that over the course of a couple of months. Different USB-cables, different powered hubs, non-powered hubs, exactly the same behaviour running kstars natively on my macbook pro and on Linux Ubuntu virtual machine on my HP-laptop. But everytime I get the same results. So I'm pretty out of options by now. The only thing left to do I if there's no solution for this is to get a new guide camera maybe. Any suggestions on what is a good reliable option?
2 years 8 months ago #73106

• Thank you received: 41

Reading that, I would bet that something is going on with the mount or the mount driver.

Something odd, but my troubleshooting steps would be :

1. Run PHD2 and connect only the cam, not the mount. Do you still have time outs?

2. I would create a fresh SD card with Astroberry or with AstroPi3 script, and run try again with the mount connected. Do you still have time outs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2 years 8 months ago #73205

I've had a very similar issue recently. I was able to debug it and prepare a fix. It has been merged to master today. Can you confirm that it fixes things for you, too?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hartmut
1 year 10 months ago #82767

Time to create page: 1.481 seconds