INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Omegon Pro / Touptek drivers

• Thank you received: 3
I've had a very similar issue recently. I was able to debug it and prepare a fix. It has been merged to master today. Can you confirm that it fixes things for you, too?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hartmut
1 year 10 months ago #82767

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

It's been a long while since I used my Stellarmate but I will defenitely give it a go once the new INDI-lib version comes out and I'll let you know how it went.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wiktor Latanowicz, Hartmut
1 year 10 months ago #82788

• Thank you received: 6
May I ask a question related to this problem?

I'm using a veTEC533c with Astroberry & Stellarmate via RPi4 USB3 port.
Additionally I'm using a ZWO ASI120MC-S connected via USB-3 cable to the veTEC USB-2.0 HUB.
The veTEC is powered by external 12V.

This works great and as expected using the internal Guider, not PHD2.
Now I want to exchange the ASI120MC-S by a veTEC GUIDE 2000M (has an USB2.0 Port).

Could the above stated problem also occure if using the "Internal Guider" or is is only related to the usage of PHD2?

Cheers
Hardy
1 year 10 months ago #82813

The bug that I fixed was in the driver. Session management software doesn't matter until it connects to the indi server. And it didn't matter if the camera was used for guiding or main expositions.

Long story short: the driver didn't wait long enough (sometimes didn't wait at all) for the camera to finish the exposition.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hartmut, max
1 year 10 months ago #82817

I too have the Omegon Guide 2000M and the problem is the same in PHD2 as in the internal guider. I have the same problem on my MacBook Pro with the Omegon camera. Only under Windows and the ASCOM driver does the guide camera performs reliably.
1 year 10 months ago #82818

• Thank you received: 41
It is really interesting cause I’ve never seen this issue, at least with internal guider.

I have my Omegon 533 connected directly with a USB 3.0 cable to my mini pc. The Omegon 1200b M connected to 533’s usb hub. I have selected Omegon Pro as driver in CCD and Guider tab into Indi.

Here is the setup astrob.in/rdxygc/0/

The only difference between our guide cameras are the MPixels and bit depth. Is it possible the extra “weight” of your files to cause that? Have you tried setting the camera to 8bit?
1 year 10 months ago #82824

• Thank you received: 6
I'm a little bit afraid if the problem will occure or not...

Would be great if the final solution will be part of INDI 1.9.6. Unfortunately for Astroberry this packet will be updated 2-3 weeks after Stellarmate.
So I will wait before buying the camera. and hopefully we will see the solution in the release-note..
1 year 10 months ago #82837

Yes, I have tried the camera in 8 and 16 bit mode and even with binning 2 and 3 the issue occurs. As well in in Stellarmate internal guiding as in PHD2
1 year 10 months ago #82840

In StellarMate you can try the latest changes either by switching to Beta channel or running the following commands in the terminal:
update_indi_core
update_indi_drivers
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
1 year 10 months ago #82845

I’ve updated my mini pc to the latest Kstars beta and I’ve noticed that if I select the Touptek driver for my Omegon cameras, the app crashes, but if I select the Omegon Pro works fine.
1 year 10 months ago #82877

• Thank you received: 5
Hello Jasem,
I recently bought the Omegon GUIDE2000C (Color Version) and was unable to get it to work with the default toupcam driver.
However, browsing the sources, I noticed the Product ID (0x1367) missing in the files.
Maybe they have a new version released?
So I assumed this model would not work for now.

Desperate I tried integrating the PID which lead to a lot of crashing.
But I than noticed Omegon has a new SDK released, which is different from the toupcam SDK.
I now integrated this Omegon SDK like the other subtypes of cams (mallincam etc).
With these changes I can use both of my Omegon cameras (veTEC -> Omegon Pro) and the Guide CAM simultanously.

After some testing I provide the changes via Pull Request.

If you want to check it out: github.com/kneo/indi-3rdparty/tree/New_Omegon_SDK_integration

Maybe this solves some issues with the Mono version as well? Unfortunately I can not test this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Euripides, Hartmut
1 year 10 months ago #83143

Good catch!

Something is going on for sure, cause as I can see they have uploaded a new version for ASCOM too.
1 year 10 months ago #83144

Time to create page: 1.147 seconds