INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Omegon Pro / Touptek drivers

• Thank you received: 3
yes, sorry... Ubuntu 22.04 lts, x64_86
11 months 3 weeks ago #92229

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 31
By 'latest update' do you mean the current nightly build? I am also on ubuntu 22.04 lts on an x64_86 (Beelink mini-pc). With my Risingcam 571c and the current nightly, the cooler still turns off at the start of every sub.
11 months 3 weeks ago #92235

• Thank you received: 38
This is looking like something the SDK is doing.

I will let Touptek know so they can look into this issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron DeBry
11 months 3 weeks ago #92237

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Karas on topic Omegon Pro / Touptek drivers

short exposure means the sensor is working at high frequency so the temperature rises for sure.

My suggestion is always to use the lowest temp @ short exposure working state as the temperature limit for your entire shooting session.

But your method is also very good.
11 months 3 weeks ago #92238

Thank you Karas. The issue is that the TEC system, including the fan, shuts completely off for a second or so at the start of every exposure. This behavior is new.
11 months 3 weeks ago #92239

Sorry... I did some tests using a little more time and less haste. The problem still exists even with the latest beta version of indilib.
11 months 3 weeks ago #92241

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Karas on topic Omegon Pro / Touptek drivers

When did you purchase the camera?

if all SYS, TEC, and FAN LED lights are off for a few seconds, it is more likely to be CAMERA_CLOSE being triggered.
11 months 3 weeks ago #92242

I can confirm this behavior as well with Omegon 571 as well. With each exposure, the FAN turns off and resumes immediately after exposure is done. There is nothing in the driver itself that would suggest why this would be triggered, so I am leaning toward an SDK issue.
11 months 3 weeks ago #92245

• Thank you received: 17

Replied by Denis on topic Omegon Pro / Touptek drivers

Karas, Video for 5 second exposures: drive.google.com/file/d/1YNjdhA-hl6ybJml...e8P/view?usp=sharing

Info for my camera is in image
11 months 3 weeks ago #92246
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by James on topic Omegon Pro / Touptek drivers

I've noticed that after a recent update on my Manjaro machine, that I can no longer adjust the offset of my RisingCam 571 to be above 31 ADU... I used to have it set at 256 (where on low gain mode at 100 gain the minimum value would always be above 0)
So now I can't take images that are compatible with the ones already taken for my project, unless I can downgrade whatever is causing this...
Also, I notice many settings in the indi control panel in Kstars have their names clipped off, and I can't resize the spacing between the property name label and the button/text field, so I just plain do not know what some of the settings are besides the first 5/6 letters... Anyone else have this issue?
11 months 3 weeks ago #92248

Camera was purchased from Risingcam in July 2022. But the issue appears to affect multiple brands.
11 months 3 weeks ago #92254

Regarding the problem of the momentary interruption of the fan and the peltier at the beginning of a shot: I don't know if it can be useful or if it has already been reported... But the problem exists only if you start the shot from the EKOS, even as a shot singles, without starting a programmed sequence. However, if you start a shot from the control panel then the room works perfectly, i.e. it does not interrupt the operation of the fan and the tec. This thing, in an empirical way, leads me to think that it's not an sdk problem, but a kstars/ekos problem...
11 months 3 weeks ago #92313

Time to create page: 1.242 seconds