INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Omegon Pro / Touptek drivers

• Thank you received: 3
Sorry... I did some tests using a little more time and less haste. The problem still exists even with the latest beta version of indilib.
1 year 3 days ago #92241

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Karas on topic Omegon Pro / Touptek drivers

When did you purchase the camera?

if all SYS, TEC, and FAN LED lights are off for a few seconds, it is more likely to be CAMERA_CLOSE being triggered.
1 year 3 days ago #92242

I can confirm this behavior as well with Omegon 571 as well. With each exposure, the FAN turns off and resumes immediately after exposure is done. There is nothing in the driver itself that would suggest why this would be triggered, so I am leaning toward an SDK issue.
1 year 3 days ago #92245

• Thank you received: 17

Replied by Denis on topic Omegon Pro / Touptek drivers

Karas, Video for 5 second exposures: drive.google.com/file/d/1YNjdhA-hl6ybJml...e8P/view?usp=sharing

Info for my camera is in image
1 year 3 days ago #92246
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by James on topic Omegon Pro / Touptek drivers

I've noticed that after a recent update on my Manjaro machine, that I can no longer adjust the offset of my RisingCam 571 to be above 31 ADU... I used to have it set at 256 (where on low gain mode at 100 gain the minimum value would always be above 0)
So now I can't take images that are compatible with the ones already taken for my project, unless I can downgrade whatever is causing this...
Also, I notice many settings in the indi control panel in Kstars have their names clipped off, and I can't resize the spacing between the property name label and the button/text field, so I just plain do not know what some of the settings are besides the first 5/6 letters... Anyone else have this issue?
1 year 3 days ago #92248

• Thank you received: 31

Camera was purchased from Risingcam in July 2022. But the issue appears to affect multiple brands.
1 year 2 days ago #92254

Regarding the problem of the momentary interruption of the fan and the peltier at the beginning of a shot: I don't know if it can be useful or if it has already been reported... But the problem exists only if you start the shot from the EKOS, even as a shot singles, without starting a programmed sequence. However, if you start a shot from the control panel then the room works perfectly, i.e. it does not interrupt the operation of the fan and the tec. This thing, in an empirical way, leads me to think that it's not an sdk problem, but a kstars/ekos problem...
1 year 19 hours ago #92313

• Thank you received: 38
Quick Question: You do have the cooler turned on and set to a temp in the Sequence before you save that sequence and schedule it correct?

Because I just confirmed the Camera is cooling and operating normally on my Omegon VeTEC 571.
Last edit: 11 months 4 weeks ago by Sonny Cavazos. Reason: Adding photo
11 months 4 weeks ago #92339
Attachments:

Of course, I set all the parameters and save the sequence.
The problem occurs only if I start shooting from the EKOS panel. Both in the case of starting a single shot (acquire preview) and starting a sequence. If I start a shot from the INDI control panel then everything works...
Last edit: 11 months 4 weeks ago by Corrado.
11 months 4 weeks ago #92349

I thought offset adjustment was a new feature and the camera only had 31 ADU maximum. I do now know why you could set it to 256. Maybe it is a software offset. because the sensor can only support up to 4095 from 65535 at 16-bit mode.
11 months 4 weeks ago #92389

Sorry for the late reply. I still can't get used to opening the forum every day, and I have been busy recently. I am so sorry.

So yes, based on the info, your cam is an older version and the whole system went off when CAMERA_STOP or switch resolution is called.

Maybe when INDI starts triggering, it would call switch resolution, even if it is the same resolution but the procedure would call the CAMERA_STOP.
Or maybe after the sub is finished, INDI would call CAMERA_STOP to put it to reset mode.

Neither of them is necessary if the user does not switch the resolution.
11 months 4 weeks ago #92390

• Thank you received: 17

Replied by Denis on topic Omegon Pro / Touptek drivers

Hi Karas, really thanks for information! I did some test and found that camera stops cooling only when CCD_CAPTURE_FORMAT property is setting. It happens even if property value is not changed
Last edit: 11 months 4 weeks ago by Denis.
11 months 4 weeks ago #92396

Time to create page: 1.367 seconds