INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

CEM120 stops tracking at the Meridian

• Thank you received: 13
Just set up my new CEM120 all seems fine, can track, park, goto, platesolve and goto etc.   But when pointing south and tracking across the Meridian the mount stops tracking at 180 deg and goes idle.  If I do a GOTO say to 190 deg target, it does a nice Meridian flip.  (pretty scarry with 35 kilos of gear.)   I want the ability to track to around 190 degrees before flipping or stopping.  From the Ioptron manual I can use the handset :  
  • “Set Position Limit” will tell the mount when to stop tracking or to do a meridian flip. The limit can be set at from 0° to 14° (1 hour) pass meridian.
  •  “Set Behavior” will tell the mount if a meridian flip will be performed.
Can I do this from EKOS or do I need to do it from the handset and if I do it using the handset will that limit apply?   I assume I need it to go a little way past so I can set the flip hour angle in EKOS.

Is that correct or have I missed a setting equivalent to  Ioptrons "Set Position Limit"

Thanks, Max
2 years 6 months ago #75030

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 155
I have the CEM120 and I set the handset to flip about 10 degrees past meridian as a failsafe. I set EKOS to flip 5 degrees past and it works every time. My suspicion is that your handset is set to stop at the meridian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Max Dobres
2 years 6 months ago #75031

• Thank you received: 13
I think that answers my question, I need to set " the handset to flip about 10 degrees past meridian". I was used to the mainly dumb HEQ5_Pro where everything is set via EKOS and I couldn't find a setting for it.

On a related note, do you power off the mount using the mounts' push button or do you cut the power another way. I have been careful to power off the mount directly so far, but it would suit me just to remotely cut the power after parking..
2 years 6 months ago #75032

• Thank you received: 155
I haven’t turned my mount off in 6 months.
2 years 6 months ago #75035

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds