INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Custom mount with EQMod

• Thank you received: 28

Custom mount with EQMod was created by Ilia

Hi all,

I am working on a custom mount and I was thinking to use it with the INDI-EQMod driver.

The problem is: EQMod recognized it (INDI v1.1), but when I'm trying to move it on the DEC axis, the motor goes very slow or doesn't move at all.
I thought this issue could be releated to the hi-speed ratio: what is it? do EQMod compatible mounts have a switch for high speed slew?
I saw the step period is 0.

[edit] I had only some small dobson mounts before this one, so forgive me if I wrote some weirdness :)

Thanks in advance for your help.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Ilia.
8 years 1 month ago #6946

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 38

Replied by max on topic Custom mount with EQMod

I also use a custom mount with indi eqmod driver and it works ok.
For the high speed slew, because my hardware only support about 250x, so I limit the ratio by my firmware of the mount controller .
You can change the slew speed to see if the DEC axis can move in slow speed and fail on high speed.
8 years 1 month ago #6948

• Thank you received: 28

Replied by Ilia on topic Custom mount with EQMod

Thanks for your response max.

So the hi-speed ratio is something activated on hi speed slew rates i guess.. (the firmware I was working was using servos, no gear ratio at all or microsteps/half, full-step changing, so "1") I looked into the indi-eqmod sources and found some hints and a half-confirm.
The problem was into my firmware however, a timer interrupt was raised before the second (dec) axis was told to move.
I put "1" into hi-speed ratio, since this mount has not any gear (if this is confirmed) for fast slew, and will keep rate below 32x...
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Ilia.
8 years 1 month ago #6950

Time to create page: 0.594 seconds