INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AX-GTi error messages on start of Ekos

• Thank you received: 0
Paul,
Please don't let my frustration with the Stellarmate/AZ-GTI combo get in your way of your wide angle goal. While I have the same error message I'm not exactly sure whether it effects my operation or not. It could be part of the reason I don't track well with Stellarmate but sadly this hobby, at least when I'm off in my own less favored equipment set like the AZ-GTI and Stellarmate on a Raspberry Pi, just doesn't get much attention or support. Or possibly I haven't figured out how to get real support.

You are the only person who responded to this thread which was posted roughly 5 months ago so clearly either very few people see this problem and have nothing to say or no one's reading this thread.

I hope this year to do some wide angle mosaic shooting. It would work well with my setup. I think the way I would approach it with Synscan would be to do a few 3-star alignments and then just map out major stars in each section of the sky to center on ahead of time. Sadly it's monsoon season here in Tucson so I've barely seen stars in the last month or two but I hope to get back to shooting on a more regular basis in October or November.

Good luck,
Mark
1 year 8 months ago #84040

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 69
Well speaking for myself, I've read the thread with interest, but sadly I have no advice to provide. I was thinking of an AZ-GTI as a portable mount at some point, so I am interested in seeing it working, but can't help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark W. Knecht
1 year 8 months ago #84041

Thanks Jerry. To be clear, the mount does work. It has accuracy limitations that aren't out of line with its price, and as I say, if I'm shooting a single target an evening then as long as I look after centering every couple of hours I've managed a few nice shots. However I had hoped that with Stellarmate I could shoot 2 or 3 targets each evening which so far I just cannot do. Possibly Astroberry of some other computer solution would be better but I've never gotten the plate solver to work automatically with Stellarmate and the drift is way worse (FOR ME!!!) with Stellarmate than the SynScan phone app so I'm never up for much more than 4 hours a night - set it up, run 2 hours, recenter, run 2 hours, shut down.

I had hoped that, being a low cost mount, there'd be a few people anyway using it with the whole Ekos/Indi infrastructure but apparently not.

In the next month or so I'll start gearing up for next winter and clearer skies. Maybe I'll do better this year.
1 year 8 months ago #84043

Mount logs would be helpful.
1 year 8 months ago #84069

Hi Jasem
To be clear I’m using the Skywatcher Sky Discovery mount, using a different device drive (Skywatcher WiFi) not the GTi driver.
So the issue is in a common routine and the error message seems very straightforward .
I will produce a log today, but last time I tried to get a log I couldn’t find it.
Regards
Paul
1 year 8 months ago #84070

Here is a log

File Attachment:

File Name: log_10-56-30.txt
File Size:73 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: log_10-56-30.txt
File Size:73 KB
1 year 8 months ago #84072
Attachments:

Thank you for the logs. I pushed some code to add more logging. Can you please build and test the latest code from GIT? On StellarMate, you can run
update_indi_core
1 year 8 months ago #84077

Thanks for this but I’m an Astroberry user and only ever used the apt-get commands. If you can give me a set of commands I can run them.
I have worked in IT most of my life but very little exposure to Unix mainly IBM mainframe etc
Regards
Paul
1 year 8 months ago #84078

1 year 8 months ago #84079

Thanks I followed a previous link to this. I have built a new core using the cmake option. Just finishing breakfast will setup mount and send you the log
Paul
1 year 8 months ago #84105

OK New log

File Attachment:

File Name: log_09-46-19.txt
File Size:45 KB
1 year 8 months ago #84106
Attachments:

First I apologise for 'sticking my nose in' but the 0 value from microsteps per worm revolution is surely only required if there is some sort of PEC on the mount (highly unlikely for an Alt/Az)
So maybe not a major issue
Paul
1 year 8 months ago #84107

Time to create page: 5.137 seconds