INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Proper Driver for SkyWatcher AZ-GTI

• Thank you received: 0
Hello- I'm in the process of setting up a new scope with this mount.  I'm using it through Stellarview and have it set up with a serial cable from my Pi to the mount.  I've selected "serial" for the port and can see the mount and am able to park it and move it with the manual controls in Ekos.   

I'm having trouble getting the mount to capture/solve and slew to target.  I've selected the "skywatcherazgti" driver from the drop down but am having issues with the mount.  I can solve and sync to the mount, but when I try to capture and slew to the target, the scope goes to the wrong location and goes into an endless slewing/solving loop. Wondering, should I be using a different driver to get it to work?  I've seen many posts about the EQMod driver- is that a different driver from the azgti one?  Many thanks for any tips.  
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Chris Nosher.
2 years 1 month ago #80623

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Did you check the driver documentation? www.indilib.org/telescopes/skywatcher.html
2 years 1 month ago #80634

I did, thank you and that's why I was using the AZ-GTi (Alt-Az) driver.  Again I can connect and move the mount but just have issues with it going to target after initial solve so was just wondering if it could be an issue with the driver.  Can you confirm that the AZ-GTi (Alt-Az) should work with serial connection over USB cable?  
2 years 1 month ago #80635

• Thank you received: 25
My AZ-GTi works using a homemade "eqmod-compatible" cable - a cheap usb-serial adapter that I re-terminated with an RJ11 connector according the the pinout in the AZ-GTi manual.

In Ekos, I have two profiles defined: one uses the "EQMod Mount" driver to run the AZ-GTi as an equatorial mount, and the other uses the "Skywatcher Alt-Az" driver to run in alt-az mode.The hardware configuration is the basically same for both - telescope, camera, guider, gps on /dev/ttyACM0, mount connected via /dev/ttyUSB0 - the only substantive change between them is the choice of mount driver. I haven't bothered to use the guider in alt-az mode.
2 years 1 month ago #80636

Great- thanks for this info!   Since I can see the mount and move it my issue must be with the solver rather than the driver.  I'm going to try again tonight making sure all my FOV info is right.  So close to getting it all to work perfectly, can't wait to have it dialed in.  Thanks again!
2 years 1 month ago #80638

Time to create page: 0.617 seconds