INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

how to define different home and park position for a ioptron CEM60 ?(CLOSED)

• Thank you received: 51
Hello all I just finished to build my "observatory". I have to set a parking position. Unfortunately the driver in INDI and the Ekos don't offer this possibility rather than the handpad which offers the 2 positions. Is that an oversight or didn't I missed something ?

2 years 3 weeks ago #81216

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 31
I'm sure others know a lot more than I do about Park, but here is how I understand it.

You define the Park position in the INDI driver. Slew to whatever position you want to make "Park", then in the Site Management tab in the INDI control panel "Set current as Park position", then "Write data". From then on issuing a Park command from Ekos should send the mount to that position. This will quite possibly be different from the hand controller's version of Park, unless you intentionally make them the same.

Probably a good idea to Clear the Park position first - not sure what happens if you define a new one without first clearing the old.
2 years 2 weeks ago #81230

• Thank you received: 51
Thank you Ron.
Damn I didn't saw the option in site management. I must admit that people having done the translation in french have been too far in this exercise. I use Ekos with UI translated in french. Park options is translated as "option de sécurité" which can be reverse translated as security options, which doesn't evoke to me the idea of parking the mount.
2 years 2 weeks ago #81244

• Thank you received: 1
Hello,
I assume you managed to define the new parking position. Whn you unpark, does the mount returns to the home position (pointing north, to Polaris), or you had to define that in Ekos. If it´s even an option.
Currently finishing my observatory and needing to define a park position with the scope and counterweight bar horiontal, and second position with the scope pointing north and the counterwights down.
1 year 5 months ago #87100

Time to create page: 0.581 seconds