INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AZ-GTi - which driver for EQ?

• Thank you received: 0
Finally got to tuning up my equipment this weekend. I updated Stellarmate and Synscan on my phone. For whatever reason, Synscan in station mode, no longer connects to Stellarmate hotspot..

After a being frustrated trying to get Synscan to connect (many attempts), I managed to get connected with a USB-RJ cable using the Skywatcher Alt-Az Wedge Indi driver. I'd rather run with a hardwire than the WIFI anyway, so Synscan not working is almost a blessing.

My problem is now which Indi driver is the right one…and how should I set the mount software.

Current setup
AZ-GTi - on a EQ wedge (with the EQ firmware installed - providing an EQ or Alt-Az setting on the mount)
Synscan sets AZ-GTi to Equatorial Mode

Driver options - from what I can find:
AZ-GTi Equatorial WIFI - this was my goto driver for wifi, very familiar with it…it doesn’t have a USB/Serial option…not an option for the cable approach.

Skywatcher Alt-AZ Wedge - this works, moves the mount
Skywatcher Alt-AZ - I would imaging this one will work but doesn’t handle EQ
EQMod Mount - this one looks like it will work too, it does connect but I have no experience with it

The optimal would be to have a USB/Serial option in AZ-GTi Equatorial WIFI...ie (WIFI or USB/Serial) - unless one of the other 3 does just that

Please advise - which diver and what special setups to use the AZ-GTi on an EQ wedge?

Ron
1 year 10 months ago #83049

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Ron, welcome to INDI forums. I wrote a guide on this: www.indilib.org/telescopes/skywatcher.html

If there is something missing in the guide, please let me know so that I update it.
1 year 10 months ago #83051

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Ron on topic AZ-GTi - which driver for EQ?

Hi Jasem,

The guide looks fine...but it only lists one driver for the AZ-GTi with an EQ wedge - AZ-GTi Equatorial WIFI

It does list 'Any' mount can use the Synscan driver, then refers back to the EQMod - but I'm not sure how to set the AZ-GTIi to use this driver

It doesn't mention anything about the Skywatcher Alt-Az Wedge driver...which does move the mount, but I haven't been able to fully test it yet.

AZ-GTi Equatorial WIFI - this was my goto driver for wifi, very familiar with it…it doesn’t have a USB/Serial option…not an option for the cable approach. If this driver had a USB/Serial connection option...ie AZ-GTi Equatorial WIFI or USB/Serial...that would be ideal.

I'm just not sure which of the other drivers will basically do what the 'AZ-GTi Equatorial WIFI' but be able to use a USB/Serial connection.

With the AZ-GTi Equatorial WIFI, I'd set the mount to use the EQ mode and when it did connect over WIFI everything worked well.

Ron
1 year 10 months ago #83053

You can simply use EQMod driver directly if you want serial connection support.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron
1 year 10 months ago #83134

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds