INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

iOptron HEM27/HEM27EC

• Thank you received: 2
This is the new mount from iOptron. It uses the 8409 Hand controller which has a USB 2.0 connection to the computer. Since the iOptron CEM26 uses the same hand controller (also 8409), I thought I would be able to use that same connection. I chose this as the mount in EKOS and saved this in a setting (along with simulators for Telescope and Camera). However, I get an error when trying to connect. The hand controller is able to control the mount and I have also tested the connection via the USB on the hand controller with ASCOM with my PC (downloaded the latest iOptron Commander) and this works fine. The error is failed to connect usb/werial no such connection. When I sac for ports in connection tab, it finds a port. I have tried changing the baud rate but this does not work. Of note, I CAN connect to the mount via the WiFi connection by changing to the Network and am able to control the mount fine that way so it is clear that the driver is working. Do I somehow have to set the port for the USB connection? I thought this would occur automatically instead of manually having to set the port. But again, it is strange because when searching fo reports with the USB connected, EKOS does seem to find a port in the messages. I would like to be able to connect with USB rather than wireless if possible. Thanks!
1 year 8 months ago #84548

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Steven Gross on topic iOptron HEM27/HEM27EC

Sorry. Additional info. I am attempting a direct USB connect between the HEM27EC and my Mac laptop Kstars 3.5.8. Interestingly, when I use Stellarmate and connect the mount to the Stellarmate device using the same USB cable via the hand controller , and then set up EKOS to use the remote connection using the same iOptron CEM26 driver via the hand controller, and control it via WiFi from the same Mac (connect to Stellarmate via Wifi), I AM able to connect to the mount and control it. Very strange! I have never had a problem with a USB direct connection before.????
1 year 8 months ago #84549

Replied by Steven Gross on topic iOptron HEM27/HEM27EC

Further testing indicates Mac is not recognizing the Hem27 via USB. Suggestions?
1 year 8 months ago #84585

Time to create page: 0.826 seconds