INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

SkySafari INDI Driver with Guiding Commands?

• Thank you received: 7
I am using an Avalon Instruments mount with the StarGO2 controller. This controller uses a Raspberry Pi 4B with its own INDI server. To control the mount there are two INDI drivers started automatically: The SkySafari driver and a native driver for the mount called StarGO2 Telescope.

The native driver cannot be accessed by all external INDI servers. But I can always access the SkySafari driver via port 9624.

That works for slewing and plate-solving-based re-centering. But not for guiding. It seems that the SkySafari INDI driver does neither contain nor support guiding commands.

Is there an easy way to add guiding commands to the SkySafari driver? Are there examples or tutorials "out there" on how to implement guiding?

Thank you for your help and hints.
Last edit: 8 months 1 week ago by Willi.
1 year 7 months ago #86243

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 9
Hi Willy,

SkySafari driver, AFAIK, is not meant to let an indi client interact with drivers, but to let SkySafari interact with drivers as it was an indi client itself. It's not clear how are you planning to use your mount: you want to drive an astrophotography session via Ekos? Or?
1 year 7 months ago #86298

• Thank you received: 7
The SkySafari driver is on port 9624 and creates the link between the ASIAIR and the proprietary INDI drivers/interface on the StarGO2. The command set in this SkySafari driver is very limited, but I could imagine it could be extended with the LX200 protocol/guiding commands...

In other words, I need a similar driver like the SkySafari driver that makes the interface between the ASIAIR and the StarGO2 based on the LX200 protocol. This could also be a completely new driver.

Actually, this might also help for INDIGO.
Last edit: 8 months 1 week ago by Willi.
8 months 1 week ago #94629

Time to create page: 0.492 seconds