INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

indi_temma no longer listed in Devices page

• Thank you received: 20
I've noticed that indi_temma is no longer listed in the Devices pages under Telescopes. What is the reason? Has support been dropped?
7 years 10 months ago #7996

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

It's still in INDI, I don't recall adding a driver documentation page for it in the website?
7 years 10 months ago #8000

Thank you for your reply Jasem. If memory serves me right I do remember seeing a driver documentation page for the temma driver when I first considered using Indi and I was searching for supported mounts.

Cheers,
Giorgio
7 years 10 months ago #8012

• Thank you received: 46
I completely re-wrote the temma driver a few months back. Ours is not yet installed in the observatory, but that should come in the near future. Since I have inherited the job of maintaining the temma driver, and I'm using an NJP in the observatory, once ours is in place and set up, I think it's safe to say it'll be as well supported as possible.

I do have some minor issues wit the temma mount, not the least of which is, when we power it up, it starts out tracking, and this is a bit of an issue regarding park positions, the mount wont be in the exact same spot it was when parked after a driver connects, it will have moved by as much a sideral rate changes it between power up and driver connect. I have more thoughts on how to deal with the issue, but, I wont get to that until we have it in the observatory and a telescope mounted. Should only be a few weeks now.
7 years 10 months ago #8043

I really appreciate your efforts on the temma driver and I will eagerly follow any update. I have an EM-200 temma 2M, I'm aware that the Ascom temma driver is no longer maintained and I feel edgy on having to rely on the Windows os and its tantrums.
7 years 10 months ago #8046

The indi temma driver as it sits in the repositories now works well in my office with the mount in the corner. If you are not in a permanent setup, I'd expect it to 'just work' for the most part. The only issue is regarding the startup sequence and trying to get it to 'wake up' with the correct position due to the issue I mentioned above.

The simple work-around, after it wakes up, the stored park will be 'pretty close', do one slew then solve and sync. From there, it should be correct after the first sync gets the mount back in sync with stars. If the time delay between power up and starting driver is short, that should only be off by a few arcseconds anyways. If you are doing a from scratch setup for each outing, this is more or less a non issue.
7 years 10 months ago #8047

Hi Gerryr, does the indi_temma driver support pulse guiding i.e. sending guide commands directly to the mount rather than to the autoguider?
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by giorgio.
7 years 10 months ago #8069

I added preliminary Temma documentation in the devices page. But hopefully it gets updated more later on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: giorgio
7 years 10 months ago #8072

The code for the pulse guide stuff is fleshed out in the driver, and appears to work with the test setup in the office. I haven't had it under stars to test, groundwork for the observatory build starts this upcoming weekend, so it shouldn't be to long now.
7 years 10 months ago #8074

Time to create page: 0.849 seconds