INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Is BRESSER Exos-2 mount compatible with StellarMate

• Thank you received: 1
Dear all,
Please excuse the quasi absolute beginner I am for my probable ill formulated question.
Despite having searched for answers here and elsewhere, I still do not know if my equatorial goto mounts are fully compatible with a RPi4 with StellarMate ?
My primary mount is a Bresser Exos-2 (not the Explore Scientific version or their PMC-8 upgraded version) and my secondary mount (soon to be retired I'm afraid, so of lesser importance) is a Meade LXD75.

Thanks in advance for all your help.
Best,
PO
1 year 6 months ago #86847

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
I dont know if the stellarmate will work but the astroberry will. The function of the GOTO work but it will lack the telescope position. This is due to the lack of proper feed back coming from the hand controller. I have since upgraded to the Eqmod from Astro-gadgets with will bring the feed back needed to show the telescope tracking in Kstars. You can guide and do astrophotography. I hope this helps.
1 year 6 months ago #86950

• Thank you received: 0

What Eqmod hardware did you get?
1 year 4 weeks ago #91373

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfio
1 year 4 weeks ago #91394

• Thank you received: 0
I was told that EQStarPRO controller can manage the native Bresser RA and DEC motors (the ones included in the GoTo mount or kit), what’s your experience?
1 year 4 weeks ago #91396

I am not sure about working with the original motors. I feel the upgrade kit with the belt drive motors is much better and feel like the mount can carry more weight. Now for performance I have been able to get my tracking error down to .5.pa. When my alignment is off or windy nights 2.5 pa. Good enough for short 120 sec subs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfio
1 year 4 weeks ago #91397

Time to create page: 0.790 seconds