INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

kstars 3.6.1 SmartEQ stopped working

• Thank you received: 14
Hi another issue with 3.6.1 I think.
I am using an iOptron AZ Mount Pro ALT/AZ. The control connection is via network. This was working fine previously (eg kstars 3.6.0).
Now when I start EKOS the Mount panel remains greyed out. No coordinates displayed. I can unpark the mount via INDI Control panel and slew to
object on sky map. However INDI Control panel is jumping around with Tracking swapping bettwen Sidereal and Lunar and then Aborted. Pier side swapping from west to east and back. Parking jumping back to Parked. Messages show it is constantly slewing and tracking. Driver is indi_ieq_telescope .
I am using Client - Linux Mint 20.3: Server raspberry pi4 64bit Ubuntu 20.04.
Nick
1 year 5 months ago #87324
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

This is some sort of strange network issue with the raspberry pi which wasn't present before updating.
The AZ Mount Pro has 2 networks : WiFi STA 192.168.1.10 , WiFI AP : 10.10.100.254
Both raspbery pi and local workstation can see both networks (eg ping)
I can use the 192 network when mount in the house (192 . home network), but was using mount's AP network when mount far away
with pi sttting on top of the mount.
It has been working like this since I first set it up 18 months ago but now not.
Will post again if I solve it.........
1 year 5 months ago #87354

EKOS connecting remotely via raspberry pi using the 10.0.0.0/8 network (the AZMP WiFI Accsss Point).
INDI Control panel shows it is successfully connected but the EKOS mount TAB remains greyed out with no coordinates shown.
1 year 5 months ago #87360
Attachments:

After much testing using x86_64 and pi4 all running ubuntu 20.04 with kstars 3.6.1 I have come to the conclusion that the indi_ieq_telescope
does not work using a client/server configuration, but only when the sever and client are the same system (local connection in EKOS).
The problem is that the remote profile reports that it is connected in the INDI Control panel but the Mount TAB (on client system) remains unavailable with no
coordinates.

If I swap to systems running kstars 3.5.8 then everything works fine as it used to.

Anyone else have a suggestion (eg something missing from my configuration after the last update) or is this a bug ?
Cheers,
Nick
1 year 5 months ago #87389

I installed a new server from scratch (Ubuntu 22 with latest kstars-bleeding 3.6.1).
I did a simple test using TCP connection to mount.
(1) local in INDI profile.
(2) remote in INDI profile with localhost as the remote host (I have indiwebmanger running on this system so not an issue).
Case (1) works. The configuration file is called "iOptron SmartEQ_config.xml" and in the INDI control panel TAB the mount comes up
as iOptron SmartEQ.
Case (2). doesn't work. The CCD TAB remains blank. The configuration is called iEQ_config.xml and in the control panel TAB the mount comes up as IEQ.

The only difference between the 2 files is the device name inside the file (iEQ vs iOptron SmartEQ).
On previous versions of kstars (3.5.8 ans older) both (1) and (2) worked, This has got to be a bug surely ?
1 year 5 months ago #87428

I updated to 3.6.2 beta and it seems to be working now.
Maybe it was an issue with me not properly understanding how optical trains are used ?
Still not sure why it worked in local mode but not remote.
Anyhow issue resolved and case closed.
I am putting this here in case anyone else finds this post.
1 year 3 months ago #88755

Time to create page: 0.779 seconds