INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ZWO AM5 park/unpark issue

• Thank you received: 86
Hello,
My AM5 is working great under INDI/Ekos.
But there is an issue which is easily tamed but still annoying.

When I do Polar Alignment with the Auto-Park option enabled, the mount parks but AM5 doesn't know about this.
So I need to Home (Park) AM5 from INDI control panel to be able to run PA again.

There are other circumstances when the mount is in the parking position but I cannot unpark it from Ekos without first going to INDI control panel and Home the mount.

After three days with this mount I got used to this but it would be nice if it could be fixed...

Thank you very much for all the fine work you do!
-- Max S
ZWO AM5. RST-135. AZ-GTI. HEQ5. iOptron SkyTracker.
TPO RC6. FRA400. Rokinon 135 and other lenses.
ZWO ASI2600MC. D5500 modified with UVIR clip-in filter.
ZWO ASI120MM Mini x 2. ZWO 30F4 guider. Orion 50mm guider.
ZWO EAF x 2.
11 months 2 weeks ago #92055

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 86
Yesterday night, I couldn't do Polar Alignment at all...
I parked/unparked/homed the mount several times but Ekos wasn't happy for some reason and refused to proceed saying something like "mount needs to be unparked first".
It wasn't a big problem since my PA should be good anyway - I just wanted to check it.

So I went ahead with my sequence.
I stopped it in about three hours because of clouds.
After that I was able to perform PA without any problem.

So, yes. There's something weird going on with AM5's homing/parking....
-- Max S
ZWO AM5. RST-135. AZ-GTI. HEQ5. iOptron SkyTracker.
TPO RC6. FRA400. Rokinon 135 and other lenses.
ZWO ASI2600MC. D5500 modified with UVIR clip-in filter.
ZWO ASI120MM Mini x 2. ZWO 30F4 guider. Orion 50mm guider.
ZWO EAF x 2.
11 months 1 week ago #92129

• Thank you received: 4
This may not be just an AM5 problem. I am using an Avalon m-zero(not yet listed in my profile, I know) running Stellarmate 1.7.5 on an Rpi4. I have park and home positions set up at the same place. Using a Macbook and noVNC to connect to stellarmate I can do a polar alignment but when I do a goto to the first target the mount gets the dec correct but the ra is off. I have found the workaround is to turn off the power, power up and do gps refresh and unpark ,as usual, and the goto is good this time. I have noticed that when the gotos work the HA reported in the mount tab is 6hrs and the mount is in the weights down position. When it does not work the HA angle in the mouint tab is some weird value. Question is where does the mount get this weird value from the first time around?
11 months 1 week ago #92135

Time to create page: 1.694 seconds