INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Problem with celestron gps driver under Indi v2.0.1

• Thank you received: 0
Hi All

After updating to Indi v2.0.1 I am running into some problems with the indi_celestron_gps driver. Basically with v2.0.1 my mount (Celestron AVX, connected via hand controller USB) becomes unable to sync to astrometric solution coordinates and becomes unresponsive to slew commands. Tracking, as well as moving the mount with the ECOS mount control buttons still works.

In the ECOS alignment tab, the 'Sync' option is not available (grayed out). The 'Slew to target' option still is but fails to align the mount to a given target: When trying to slew and align to an existing target from the KStars catalog (I forgot what it was, M87 maybe - something reasonable close to where my telescope was already pointing at for polar alignment close to meridian and celestial equator), the solver successfully determined the current pointing position and initiated a slew to get closer to target, but then the mount wouldn't move away from it's current pointing position, reiterating the capture and slew sequence over and over again.

Also, slewing from within PHD2's Drift alignment tool wouldn't move the mount but instead just immediately crash/close PHD2.

My setup uses a raspberry pi4 with Bullseye 64bit to connect the mount and the main camera and I am compiling Indi and ECOS (v3.6.4 stable) from source. Once I recompile Indi to v1.9.9 everything works normal again.

Has anyone else come across a similar problem?

Thanks
Niels
Last edit: 11 months 2 days ago by Niels.
11 months 2 days ago #92995

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 69
I have the same problem with the 'Sync' option being greyed out after doing a recompile of the bleeding edge version (using my own script or Nou's astro-soft-build scripts). This has been an issue for at least a few weeks for me.

I get around it by running Nou's build-soft-stable.sh script after running my own bleeding edge script which doesn't do an install as the last step, leaving 2 versions of kstars available for me, the installed stable build, and a separate folder for the bleeding edge version.

Note that running Nou's build-soft-latest also (for me) leaves me with a missing Sync option. The fact that running his stable build afterwards fixes the problem is curious, as when I run the lastest bleeding edge code from my own directory, the sync works (only after his stable build).

Sorry if this is a confusing explanation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Niels
11 months 1 day ago #93029

• Thank you received: 0
Thank you Jerry for your reply!

So it seems that there might be something odd going on in the latest Indi version. I went on and created Issue #1901 .
11 months 1 day ago #93032

Time to create page: 0.404 seconds