INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Alt/Az in indi_celestron_gps

• Thank you received: 2
Hi,

I am interested in having the Alt/Az feedback from my Celestron Nexstar 8SE mount, and in being able to slew to the given Alt/Az coordinates.
I have seen in the file celestrongps.cpp that the source code related to the Alt/Az coordinates has been commented. So I tried to uncomment those parts, and built the source code. Now I can see the Alt/Az feedback from the mount in the logs, but I now have several issues:

• The Alt/Az coordinates given in the "mount" tab in Ekos do not match the ones in the logs (the coordinates given in the logs are correct btw). Looks like those coordinates are calculated from the RA/DEC/time/location values, and as the RA/DEC coordinates are the default 12h/0degrees, the calculated Alt/Az values do not make any sense.

• In the INDI control panel, in the tab Celestron Nexstar / Main Control, I have seen a number vector called "Horizontal Coord" with the 2 Alt/Az coordinates. But now it does not appear anymore, how is it possible? The lines 129-131 in the file celestrongps.cpp should always create this number vector, what is wrong?
    And what is this number vector for? To slew to the given coordinates? Because I never managed to make it work, neither with RA/DEC nor Alt/Az coordinates.

• The Alt coordinate given by my Celestron sometimes gets stuck (becomes constant) after some time. I checked it on the hand control, the issue comes from the mount. It may be related to the "slew limits" warning that sometimes appears on the hand control.

• When I start INDI, the Alt/Az coordinates are initialised to approx. 270/-37.5. Whereas the telescope mount always initialises the coordinates to 0/0. I would like the initial Alt/Az coordinates in INDI to match those of the mount, how can I do?

Does someone also have a Celestron Alt/Az mount to try to reproduce these issues?
7 years 8 months ago #9183

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.326 seconds