INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AZEQ6

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Kevin gurney on topic AZEQ6

Apologies for any double posting - I'm new to this group and my first one seems to have disappeared
Anyway - any news on the auxilary encoder toggle being accessible from the Indi-EQmod package (in ppa)?

many thanks

Kevin
7 years 1 month ago #14370

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 88

Replied by Jean-Luc on topic AZEQ6

Hi,
I've submitted a pull request, it should be there soon.
Give me some feedback as I don't own those mounts.
Thanks,
Jean-Luc.
7 years 1 month ago #14386

I look forward to the new version, but in the meantime, I have a more serious problem..
When I connect to my mount (AZ-EQ6) and use the motion controls (either in the mount tab or separate tab in ekos), kstars crashes, and my mount is set on
a ballistic trajectory, slewing at whatever rate I initiated. I then have to turn the mount off to prevent damage!
I am using Ubuntu 16.04 and, as far as I can tell, I have the very latest kstars-bleeding, indi 1.3 etc. ( I have been back and forth with the package manager several times, making sure).
I have tried saving logs but nothing of significance seems to get noted in the .indi folder in \home (even with verbose debug settings in the control panel)
I'd love this to work, but at the moment its not looking good my end :-(

Kevin
7 years 1 month ago #14399

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic AZEQ6

Please try updating the PPA and check again. Also, before connecting to EQMod, turn on debugging and logging ON. At least a log file is critical in diagnosing any issues.
7 years 1 month ago #14435

Agh! I have found the problem...
I was connecting the mount via the indi control panel rather than pressing the 'master connect' button in Ekos (in top right therein). I have mount (eqmod), simulated CCD, and joystick (Xbox hand controller) currently in the profile.
After doing the latter, everything (well, currently mount and joystick) appear to be responding well...
However, this does raise the question of whether it would be useful to put a warning in the indi panel if you try and connect single items alone..?

By the way, I see the 'disable aux encoders' toggle in my latest eqmod control panel. Great!

I have a couple of other questions about joysticks and mount drivers, but I'll raise them in different threads.

thanks

Kevin
7 years 1 month ago #14439

Time to create page: 4.209 seconds