INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

skysensor2000PC -Error reading RA/DEC not in .logs

The SkySensor2000 driver is mostly LX200 driver. I just checked the code and only setting date/time and knowing when slew is complete is different, the rest is identical. If you have SkySensor2000 command set that has additional stuff for guiding, please share it with us.
7 years 1 month ago #14750

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 6
Sorry Jasem I don't have any guiding extras for ss2k, I suppose they could be extracted from ASCOM driver?
Looks clear for tonight so I'll try autoguide ST4 again with a tighened backlash on Dec motor.
7 years 1 month ago #14757

Thanks Camiel,
For the moment, with clear sky, I'm back to Windows/ASCOM system (BYEOS and PHD) which is OK, guides very well but lacks the complete suite that INDI offers. BTW - In this setup SS2K supports pulse-guide via the RS232 using ASCOM driver with PHD.

I tried Lin-Guider and it shows I probably do have an issue with my ST4/Rj12 autoguide cable, I tested with multmeter but cannot find fault. I'll probably invest €20 in professional cable and report back since this combination seems perfect with INDI.

Andrew.
7 years 1 month ago #14834

Update - my SS2K autoguider function is broken.

So I'd like to contribute to editing SS2K driver to make it work with pulsedrive commands as it does in ASCOM. I only have limited programming skills (fortran, Basic, Python and script) but I see the ASCOM script is in VB and updated fairly recenty 2013 (LaurieY 6.1.7b github), so if somebody could hint were I could start, with a little help and if there is wider demand we might finish it! what do you think?.

Surely if one of the LX200 drivers is using pulseguide is it not just a case of editing that for differences? I notice I can select either Indi_lx200generic, basic or classic and I think even 16 worked, anyhow all partially worked at least enabling calibration and short guide until mount runs away,

Actually a SS2K pulseguide is might last hope to use INDI since below is my last failed test on the SS2K and ST4 autoguiding:-

Andrew.

ST4 failure confirmed
I opened the SS2K to check the continuity into the back of the RJ12 socket and it seemed to be OK, I mean no pins were electrically disconnected from the solder board.

There it seems the problem is within the SS2K circuit but I don't have the skills to debug that far. Although I assume the circuit is a fairly simple switch type mimicing the N.S.E.W buttons anyhow for now it's broken.

I tested the whole system again - 1st RS232 with Windows/PHD and Astroart using ASCOM drivers works 100% as per last 10 years. Switching to linux on Raspberry Pi or a PC fails on all SW, OpenPHD/Indi drivers and Sx drivers wil only guide in 2 directions. ST4 fails on Windows and Linux it will only guide in 2 directions.
7 years 2 weeks ago #15098

Pulse Guiding was disabled specifically in the SkySensor2000 driver. If you say it worked for you in LX200, then it should work in SkySensor (it is based on LX200 anyway). It is now re-enabled. So please compile now or wait till tomorrow PPA update and test it. It's the same implementation as the LX200 scopes.
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
7 years 2 weeks ago #15105

thanks jasem, I'll test on tuesday night and report back, forecast clear all week here :-)
a couple of users on the ss2k group confirmed they guided with lx200 settings (ascom) so hopefully by reactivating it we should have some success - lets see...
7 years 2 weeks ago #15106

UPDATE - with partial solution.:)
with help from Terry at Starlight Xpress we found that the Skysensor2000pc needed a signal input adjustment to work with Lodestar x2.
I can now confirm it works fully enabling me to autoguide via the ST4 port using Lin Guider, openPHD2 and indi (first night RMS 1" in dec and ra over several hours).

I'd still prefer to use the RS232 option but this still fails with the indi lx200ss2000 driver and as far as I can tell this is a bug and not hardware. I'm happy to try to help resolve this if there is a demand.
Andrew.
7 years 22 hours ago #15713

If you have a solution specific to skysensor2000PC, please submit a patch. Thanks!
7 years 54 minutes ago #15731

it is specific to Skysensor and Lodestar x2 but it is a hardware 'patch' so not sure how you want to handle that, I suppose a note with the skysensor driver and Lodestar x2 page refrerring to this particular pair need a hardware patch on Lodestar x2 outputs and refer to Starlight Xpress?

but I can confirm that guiding does work - I got my first ever 100% Linux image (Ubuntu,INDI/Ekos/Kstars, RaspberryPi and Siril).:)
I'll feedback some minor adjustments for DSLR workflow in seperate subject.

Thanks again
Andrew
6 years 11 months ago #15821

Time to create page: 0.689 seconds