INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EQMOD quirks

• Thank you received: 8

EQMOD quirks was created by Fabio Papa

Hi all,
I just started using indi on a Raspberry Pi 3 the other night, and I immediately hit a few quirks I'd like to shed some light onto.
Right off the bat, everything connected fine, so that was a relief! I had the eqmod (Orion EQ6) mount, a Meade DSI pro 1 and an Atik 314L all running.
I tested out the polar align helper, which ran fine.
The guiding was problematic. My mount has some sort of play which fooled PHD2 too a few times, but after fiddling with guide speeds, I succesfully calibrated it. I might have been pointing north, though, so not the best calibration place. Anyway, the guiding was really awful, the mount seemed to send out guiding commands at random, and would lose the star after a few seconds. I could see the star being punched around the box, eventually exiting it.
But what was worse was the pointing. My mount literally pointed east when trying to reach an object to the west. I tried multiple times, with the same result.
Now, what I did to fix it is what perplexes me: I updated indi. Mind you, it wasn't old at all, it was just a few commits behind. I use packages from the PPA on Ubuntu Mate.
Is it normal for such things to be fixed like that? I can't see anything regarding those kind of issues in the changelog... What could I do if the problem shows up again?
PS: the guide got fixed too...

Thanks
7 years 2 weeks ago #15087

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 2.077 seconds