INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Avalon mounts

• Thank you received: 3

Avalon mounts was created by Pepe

Hi,

I recently purchased a M-uno mount from Avalon Instruments. There is an ASCOM driver which is actively developed by the company but no INDI as of yet.

I know that the mount can be controlled via the LX200 protocol. However, there is also a built in focuser control but I could't get any information whether this one could also be controlled with a standard protocol.

Does anybody know whether there is an INDI driver around or in development for Avalon mounts? Are there others ways to control the mount/focuser using ekos?

Thanks for any help and best wishes
Stephan
7 years 22 hours ago #15745

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Avalon mounts

There isn't anything specific to Avalon. If they're using the exact focuser as in Meade then you can use the same focusing commands. If however they use something different, you need to contact them to support INDI.
7 years 21 hours ago #15746

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by Pepe on topic Avalon mounts

Dear Jasem,

thanks for your reply. I didn't know that LX200 also supports a focuser. I will try that. Unfortunately, I didn't get a response from Avalon on an INDI driver. I only read somewhere that they think of Linux support. I will report back if the focuser works with LX200.

Best wishes
Stephan
7 years 18 hours ago #15751

Time to create page: 0.472 seconds