INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Configuring EQMOD for EQ6 Custom Ratio Belt Mod

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I'm trying to move over to INDI for the first time. I did an early EQ6 belt mod with a 4:1 ratio. This means I have a to set the number of steps for one full rotation to 9216000 for both the RA and Dec axis.

Having tried and failed to find where this was configured in KStars/INDI/EQMOD I downloaded the source code. It appears that INDI requests this information from the mount firmware in SkywatcherAPI class GetMicrostepsPerRevolution function. This number is overridden with a hard coded value if the mount type is GT or 114GT.

I could modify the code and build my own version of INDI, but is this using a sledgehammer to crack a nut? Am I missing something obvious?
6 years 5 months ago #19928

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 88
Hi,
You don't miss anything. If you can modify the code, you may fork and ask for a pull request. I don't have time to make the mod myself.
You may create a new driver inheriting from indi-eqmod, indi-eqmod-custom for instance, where you could add some properties to override the ones sent by the mount and overload the functions you need. I think it would be safer if those figures may not be changed using the default driver. Put the code directly in the indi-eqmod directory and add an option to build/install your driver in the CMakeList.
Thanks,
Jean-Luc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
6 years 5 months ago #19973

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks,

I'll try that over the weekend.

Eliot
6 years 5 months ago #19976

Time to create page: 1.229 seconds