INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Skywatcher AZ GTi with Ekos

• Thank you received: 74
I would guess(Big Guess) that the SW is still in AP mode as this is the common address SW use for all their wifi devices. Dont know the AZGTI but can you not get it to be in "Client Mode" as per your router set up and change the address of the AZGTI so that its on the same network or alternatively change the Ekso address entered to 192.168.4.1 (its in the IndiLib devices details for Synscan ) AND change the network address of your Linux device to 192.168.4.2 (or similar) - they have to be on the same network address/mask. Unless the IndiLib guys know different :-)
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
5 years 7 months ago #29329

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Eivind on topic Skywatcher AZ GTi with Ekos

For testing purposes, I can change the hard coded ip address in the source and recompile.
5 years 7 months ago #29330

Sorry dont understand - recompile what ?

Both the Synscan and SWALTAZ indi drivers allow you to change the addresses/ports etc without compiling so a bit confused.com :-) Just bring up the Indi devices panel and change the addresses on your profile
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
5 years 7 months ago #29332

• Thank you received: 24

Replied by Tarun on topic Skywatcher AZ GTi with Ekos

Not sure I follow, Does the mount responds to your UDP commands via 192.168.1.20 IP ? you can do test this via packet sender app.
In my fork i have hard coded it to 192.168.4.1 but i will change that to the ip addressed entered in ekos.
5 years 7 months ago #29339

Sorry TKOTTARY didn't realise this person was testing your patch which had the IP address hard coded - I will butt out - Sorry

5 years 7 months ago #29340

No worries Stash.

@astromyr I have fixed my Repo. you should be able to test it now. Note in my testing even the ip 192.168.4.20 is able to connect , but I do not get any response from the mount.
5 years 7 months ago #29343

Tkottary,

I changed the hard coded ip in your source, and now I have the mount slewing directly from ekos through your driver. No synscan app running.
Findings so far:
Slew rates are faster than with the synscan driver.
The mount responds to goto commands.
I can't get any coordinates from the mount.
Tracking doesn't seem to work.

How do we change between eq mode or az mode?
5 years 7 months ago #29345

Thank your testing.

The mount responds to goto commands. - Well this is buggy as per my testing., need to work on this

I can't get any coordinates from the mount. - can you elaborate more? in the mount detailed information, RA,Dec updates every few secs. does it not do?

Tracking doesn't seem to work. - > by default the code is setup to work in EQ mode. If you see the mount detailed information, you will see the mount degrees since the boot up. I have tested this one , RA rotates 15 degrees in 1 hour.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Tarun.
5 years 7 months ago #29348

Hi Tkottary,
I couldn't get the scope to sync. Stopped indi, closed everything, fired up kstars, and connected again. Now the mount is tracking, and coordinates are being updated. I can hear the gears ticking while tracking if I put my ears to the mount.

First I do a goto to Polaris, then loosen the clutches and north align with a compass, then re-tighten the clutches. Then slew to M31. At least the scope points in the right direction (too light and cloudy to confirm).
Now the mount control panel in ekos continues to update the coordinates, as if it's tracking, but I can't hear the gears moving anymore.
Restarting indi and the gears start ticking again.

Great results nonetheless!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tarun
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Eivind.
5 years 7 months ago #29351

Thanks a lot for testing. I will field test it tonight, looks like sky is clear tonight.

As of now I know these are pending items to be fixed.

Goto - (current one works correctly for AZ mode I guess, not for EQ mode)
Switch for AZ/EQ. mode . By default I have now loaded into EQ mode.
Tracking under AZ mode.
Sync -
Park -

- Tarun
The following user(s) said Thank You: T-Studio, Eivind
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Tarun.
5 years 7 months ago #29352

I got a response from SkyWatcher:
So this means:
1. To use Option #1 above, you can use INDI EQMod driver.
2. To use Option #2 above, you can use INDI Synscan driver.
3. This is not supported in INDI.

Now the SkyWatcher document provided looks almost identical to Celestron, I guess they're both based on the same controller. So maybe the existing Celestron driver can be adapted for "Syncscan Next" driver or something like that.
5 years 7 months ago #29388

I presume you know about these 2 documents - ignore if you do but the diagram in one of the PDF is an excellent summary of how things hang together and just needs modifying ,IMO, to add the Indilib driver and perhaps add to the main Indi documentation. :)

5 years 7 months ago #29395
Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.089 seconds